Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GMG Replacing the Davey Crockett with the Trek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is GMG Replacing the Davey Crockett with the Trek?

I see a new portable grill on the GMG Website called the Trek. Is that going to replace the Davey Crockett or will both models be available? Does anyone know anything about this new offering?

Max Good might...let's see

Comment

I think they are just rebranding the names. The Jim Bowie Prime Plus is now the Peak Prime Plus along with a $30 price increase.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds about right. But you got to love a pellet grill
        Long live BBQ
        Last edited by bbqLuv; May 5, 2021, 06:04 PM.

• tstalafuse
        tstalafuse commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqLuv They can call them whatever they want, I am just glad I bought mine last weekend and avoided the price increase...

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I am glad you were able to save. It seems every time I buy something it goes on sale the next day.

GMG keeps innovating and upgrading. Davey Crockett is still available for now.

Here are some of the key changes for Trek:
      GMG removed the leg/handles
      Added stand off feet
      Added an additional handle under the chimney for easy pick
      Added the adjustable heatshield with rod to the outside for micro heat control left to right.
      Added thicker grates
      New Wi-Fi chip for faster connection speeds
      Price $349

They are adding the Trek cart
      Cart is all stainless steel and has a side tray along with an adjustable flip down front shelf.
      Cart is on 4 wheels - two locking.
      $189 retail
      Last edited by Max Good; May 7, 2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Good View Post
        GMG keeps innovating and upgrading. Davey Crockett is still available for now.

Here are some of the key changes for Trek:
        GMG removed the leg/handles
        Added stand off feet
        Added an additional handle under the chimney for easy pick
        Added the adjustable heatshield with rod to the outside for micro heat control left to right.
        Added thicker grates
        New Wi-Fi chip for faster connection speeds
        Price $349

They are adding the Trek cart
        Cart is all stainless steel and has a side tray along with an adjustable flip down front shelf.
        Cart is on 4 wheels - two locking.
        $189 retail
        Upgrading is good, but!

But, my buddy Dave just bought a DC to use with his motorhome in the last month. Trek has some nice features over the DC, although the missing foldable legs might make moving the grill a two person operation, which was the easier way even withe foldable legs. The unit is cumbersome for 1 person, One of my sons (who was a dinner house pro chef, but can make more money selling cars) also has a DC, and both Dave and my son give good marks for tje DC, if you don't count schlepping it.

Lucky for me, Dave left for a 2 week jaunt to visit family, so I won't hear his take on the upgrade that he barely missed. But, if you know Dave, then you know that I will hear his opinion in a couple of weeks!

Very cool SS cart for the new Trek, but, looks like installation, and removal, of the grill and cart combo is again best done with 2 people. YMMV
        Last edited by zinfella; May 7, 2021, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• bep35
          bep35 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good feedback. Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here