Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New GMG owner so silly question time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GMG owner so silly question time

I just decided to get a GMG Jim Bowie Prime Pro. I have looked everywhere but I don't see anything about it. When your not using it what do you do with power cord? Leave it plugged in and leave cord on the ground or unplug and tuck some where. Seems silly but don't know. Mine will be going on a concrete pad. We get crazy out of the blue storms in all seasons. So it would have either lots of snow or rain at one time or another. Any help would be great as I learn the pellet grill part of life.

I unplug mine after I'm done with a cook, wrap the cord up, and hang it on the handle.

Comment

Don’t have the GMG but on my pellet I roll my power cord up and put it in the hopper on top of the pellets.

Comment

I have an older GMG Daniel Boone and if you unplug it, it reverts back to the original wi-fi and you have to join your home network again. I have mine in a BBQ Gazebo on the deck so I leave it plugged in but turned off.

Comment

I've always unplugged my pellet grill and wheeled it in the garage b/c no deck to put it on. However I've never had wi-fi so can't answer about that. Your storms sound like they might fry some boards on appliances!?!?

Comment

I don't have GMG, but do have a pellet grill. I have been leaving mine plugged in. I would unplug it of you think there is a strong risk of power surge.

Comment

GMG has great customer service, 7 days a week. I would ask them if you have questions.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                +1

If the power cord disconnects the suggestion from Donw is a good one. Otherwise, you can probably make a couple big loops around the handle enough to keep it off the ground. I know the GMG WiFi a few years ago could be quirky like Davek8282 mentions, but hopefully they’ve improved that in last few years. I usually always unplug my pellet grills when not in use. Also, with your weather description, it might be a good idea to empty the hopper if you know you are not going to use the grill for a couple weeks to avoid chancing the pellets getting wet and jamming the auger.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here