Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for iq4 controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for iq4 controller

I have a cookshack fec120 with an iq4 controller. Currently I keep getting an overtemp error. I called cookshack and they don't really support the old controller anymore. I was wondering if anybody knew of a fix or had an old iq4 controller they would willing to part with. I didn't really want to upgrade to the iq5 and was hoping someone might have an iq4 laying around. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't help, but welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Sorry, I can't help either. But, welcome from Chicagoland.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon.
        Is it possible to replace it with the latest and greatest controller?
        Happy grilling to you.

Comment

It is, but it is currently running about 1300 for the upgrade. If I was using it on the competition circuit I would do it, but I have this one for home use and didn't really want to spend that much.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. I hope you find it.

Comment

I know CandySueQ uses (or at least used to use) a FEC, let's see if she can help at all.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. And good luck on your search

Comment

I got in touch with CandySueQ (Candy Weaver, of KCBS and BBQr's Delight pellets & competition team fame, and also a moderator here) and she said quite simply "Calling Cookshack is the only option!" She knows of what she speaks.

I hope you are able to find that one person who might have one lying around, but it's not looking too good.

Comment

That's a shame that you have a very expensive cooker, and they are not supporting it without you spending a ton of money on a new controller.

Comment

I know, I was a little frustrated as well. That's why I'm hoping to find one. It's a needle in a haystack, but figured I would try.

Comment

• CandySueQ
                          CandySueQ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm sending you a private message with a name and phone number. Maybe he can help!

Have you considered replacing the temperature probes? It may not fix it, but it's cheaper than buying an upgraded controller.

Comment

The guys at cookshack told me to jump them. It didn't fix the problem. They said something went wrong in the circuit board. They don't carry the boards anymore....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Long shot, but mebbe a viable option: look round yer area fer local elcetronics repair places... (Not cellphones, iPuds, an all manner of carpola, simular...)

I've had things fixed, guitfiddle amps, pedals, home appliances, that woulda cost me many more times to replace, or upgrade, even a Pioneer VSX 3600 that got struck by lightnin...it hit th 12470 xformer directly in frontta my house, while I was out sittin, enjoyin th thunderstorm, an playin some Blues, on th front, bout 30' away!

I'll give it a shot

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I wish ya luck, Amigo: If ya can find one, it'll be WAY cheaper...

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here