Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice thank you gift from Camp Chef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice thank you gift from Camp Chef

When I was assembling the 36" Woodwind I found a couple of issues, the major one being a bend leg receiver tube. I called Camp Chef and they had me send photos of the problem. They called back within 30 minutes with suggestions for how to make repairs and offered to compensate me for my efforts. The "fix" was straight forward and I was able to finish the assembly,

The "compensation" turned out to be a $150 credit at their store. That was more than generous for the amount of work I had to do. But I took them up on their offer and ordered the pizza oven and accessory kit for the Sidekick. I had to wait on the oven since it was back ordered, and it was worth the wait.

I have a metal wood-fired pizza oven, but it takes an hour or moreto come to temperature. This little guy is ready to go in under 15 minutes and produced a great crust.

I purchased the Camp Chef grill based on reviews of their product and customer service. So far, both have been excellent.

Barry

Nice! Glad they took care of you!

Comment

BarryT Great to hear they took care of you!

I've about decided that if and when I decide I need a flat top, rather than go the Blackstone route, I'm thinking I want one of the Camp Chef 16" stoves. With the stove, you can cook with normal pots and pans, OR buy cool accessories like that Pizza oven, griddle tops that fit on 1, 2 or 3 burners, and so on.

Comment

• bep35
        bep35 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the Pro 60x Two Burner Stove and really like it. We use it camping and it allows me to cook for two or twelve seamlessly. When it comes to reaching high heat for searing or boiling a pot of water nothing beats it. Highly recommended.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Tahoe!! It is a 3 burner. I think we posted about this before, I got a great deal at Academy and it came with a cast iron griddle. I think I am going to get the camp chef 2 burner griddle for it though - the cast iron one covers one burner so you can't really regulate the heat on it very well - no place for a cool zone. Plus the grease management on it is just a slot on the front that you have to sop up with paper towels. Not the safest maneuver with a 30k burner inches away...

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        You won't regret getting a gas outdoor range with the accessories you mentioned. It all spells versatility.

Kathryn

That's great to hear!

Comment

I always enjoy hearing stories like this.

Comment

They worked with me as well on a very minor issue (rust) with the heat deflectors I had purchased from them for my Somerset IV Outdoor Gas Range. They issued me a credit and told me to keep the deflectors. They also offered to replace the deflectors. My choice. I kept the deflectors, soaked the rust off in a vinegar bath, and enjoyed the $$ credited to my PayPal account.

I couldn't have been more pleased with how they handled it.

Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; April 23, 2020, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I still haven't ordered those deflectors. I remember every time I fire it up, then forget about it while we are eating.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here