Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wok ring for Sidekick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wok ring for Sidekick

Planning setup for a new place and intrigued by the Sidekick to function for searing, but was wondering if anyone has used it as a wok burner and/or bought or made a wok ring for it. I have an induction range indoors so I want a high BTU wok burner outside. Thanks.

The Sidekick has a 30,000 btu burner. I don’t know what a Wok Ring is so I probably can’t help. I sear steaks on the grill box fairly easily.

Comment

This is 2X the power at 1/2 the cost and is set up for a wok. Aesthetics may not be what you want.

Eastman Outdoors 90411 Portable Kahuna Burner with XL Pot and Wok Brackets with Adjustable and Removable Legs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GISCDK..._TJilEbBWCQGA7

Depends on if you want the grilling surface or not. Works great for frying and any other pan use outdoors.

If the sidekick grate is removable, there are probably ways to fit a wok ring depending on the shape of the burner inside.

Comment

Here are some wok rings that I have been looking into for my 16" steel wok on the Weber kettle. I currently have one that is tapered to be used on either side but it restricts the area where heat will hit the wok. So I am looking into a straight sided ring.

Comment

I’ve not used a Sidekick...but I would just grab an appropriate sized ring from a restaurant supply and cook away.

Sure, you could get one from Amazon...but quite often even their prices can be beat by local restaurant supply stores for items like that. (Lower ‘cause the people shopping there know what they’re looking for.)

Comment

Not totally sure what you mean by a sidekick burner, but if you are talking about a sear burner on a Camp Chef I would say wha fer? A wok ring is for a round bottomed wok to cook with on a "western" stove. A flat bottomed wok eliminates the need for a ring. I just cooked on my sear burner on my Napolean, no ring cuz the wok is flat bottomed. Same as when I use the wok over my SnS on my kettle. Flat bottom, no ring, round bottom-ring.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here