Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS got me…….. but I think I still got the better deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great little smoker. I had that exact setup for many years.

Comment

WOW !! Congratulations on a job well done !

Comment

Nice find! Always nice when you put a little elbow grease into it as well, makes it a little more personal!

Comment

Wowser! What a great find, great deal. When my ship comes in, I’ll probably be at the airport. Let us know how that first cook goes.

Comment

• RickyBobby
            RickyBobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I certainly got super lucky with this find! I did meatloaf last night and hasselback style fajita chicken tonight with smoked Guac. Posted some pics over in the SUWYC thread. Still learning the cooker, but everything was pretty good!!!

Outstanding score! Way to rewire that sucker and get it up and running. And since you saved tons of cash by getting it at that low, low price, you are totally justified in adding yet another cooker, since you would've spent that much more anyway, right? Right??

Comment

• RickyBobby
            RickyBobby commented
            Editing a comment
            I also like the way you think. Lol. My wife may not agree. 🤣🤣🤣

The cover is not a cover, it is an insulating blanket for cold weather cooking. at least $60, the Sidekick is around $250. Grill Grates makes anodized aluminum grates that exactly fit the Sidekick. Did you also get the cast iron griddle that comes with the sidekick? If not he may still have it. As a veteran/active duty member of the military, you should be eligible for a 25% discount on accessories, pellets, most of their smokers at Camp Chef. If I remember right, you have to spend a minimum of $50 to qualify for the discount and get free shipping.

Congratulations on a fantastic find! You did us proud young man, you did us proud!

Comment

• RickyBobby
            RickyBobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the heads up SmokingSteve ! It came with both the insulating blanket and a cover. The cover just isn’t pictured as it currently lives in my garage. After further inspection, I have identified that the side burner is not the actual "sidekick," but the older version called the sear box or something to that effect. It is not a modular piece that can accept any other accessories. Still feel like I got a huge win here! Still gonna look up that discount though!!!!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here