Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering a Camp Chef WiFi 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering a Camp Chef WiFi 36

Because of how far away my smoker is from our kitchen I really enjoy the WiFi feature. I know early on there were problems with the WiFi on these smokers, but from what I can gather here and other Forums it seems it has been fine for a year or so. Is this true? Second question, does it require a 2.4 GHZ signal like some of the other brands? Thanks.

Traeger of mine works just fine. WIFI is a two-edge sword. On one edge you can monitor the cook during other activities, The other edge cuts thru the peace and tranquility of tending the cook.
    My beloved "Child Bride" of 48 years now finds all kinds of "Honey Does" for me when doing the low and slow smokes, "Isn't that why you got that grill? The one you just had to have?"

Comment

Most grills have stuck with 2.4GHz for better wall penetration and coverage distance. Generally, the speed benefits of 5GHz are not needed. I don’t remember specifically about CampChef, but their website should tell you somewhere…if you don’t find it easily, try to find the manual in the support area.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        You'd rather have 2.5Ghz...unless your grill live streams the cook, lol.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here