Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burning in my new Camp Chef Woodwind WiFi 36 after loooong assembly time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning in my new Camp Chef Woodwind WiFi 36 after loooong assembly time!

My wife and I are senior citizens and I have some fine motor control issues due to a medication side effect (only temporary). YouTube videos and Camp Chef say 45-60 minutes to assemble. It only took us 3 hours and 25 minutes! LOL! Neither one of us had ever assembled a grill before. I am so looking forward to smoking on this! When I ordered it April 16th, they told me 6-8 weeks for delivery but I got it in only 5 1/2 weeks. We started at 7 AM and finished about 10:25 AM. My wife commented that she thought we did pretty well! I agreed. Ambient temp in the shade was 83 when we started and 99 by the time we finished.

Enjoy!!!! I burned-out my pellet pooper earlier today. Good times.

Comment

Can't wait to see pics of the first cooks!

Comment

Glad to hear you're up and BBQ'ing. May the smoke fill you with memories of pleasure.
        May all your Grilling pair well with PBR.

Comment

Congratulations on the new cooker. Did you get the sear box as well? Interested in seeing pics.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
            SmokingSteve commented
            Editing a comment
            DavidNorcross I got the Sidekick instead of the Sear Box. More versatile (comes with CI griddle and a separate grease cup). Also got the Deluxe BBQ grill box, which has a cover lid on it. Will install the Sidekick tomorrow morning, before it gets to 100 degrees out. Will post pics once it is complete.

SmokingSteve, I'm in Sun City West, planning an outdoor kitchen and considering the Woodwind 24 with the Sidekick. I'm VERY interested in your cookin' so far, and where you bought your Camp Chef... Thanks in Advance
          Last edited by WickerT; July 16, 2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
            SmokingSteve commented
            Editing a comment
            glitchy Why did you name your Harley-Davidson Panhead John ???

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            I named it Knucklehead John, but after it turned 18 it had it’s own name changed to Panhead John.

• SmokingSteve
            SmokingSteve commented
            Editing a comment
            WickerT I bought it direct from Camp Chef. I got a 25% discount on all accessories because of being a veteran. So I bought the basic 36" WW with Slide N Grill. Then I ordered both the Sidekick and the Deluxe BBQ Grill Box, the cover, the front shelf, 5 different bags of pellets and some grease buckets as accessories. The sidekick includes a nice cast iron griddle with a grease catcher. This is my 1st pellet pooper. It has been great! A great learning experience as well.

Enjoy your new adventure !!!

Comment

As a fellow pelleteer, welcome to the club. I have a Recteq but that’s no never mind. The CC’s are great too from what I hear. Smoke on!! Glad to have you with us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here