Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blazin Grill Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Blake)
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. I am thinking that is the way to go too. Thanks

• Flat Rocker
    commented on 's reply
    If you haven't already, give Tim a call at Blaz'n and see what kind of price he can get for you vs. a local dealer. I'm guessing it will take about a week for mine to ship from NE to NC, but with all the rain we're getting I won't be cooking anytime soon anyway.

• AmosMoses01
    replied
    Coming back to this thread to re-recommend the Grid Iron. I did three racks of ribs and pork belly burnt ends this morning on my Grand Slam, and it was pretty maxed out. Everything came out great, but if I could go back and do things over, I would definitely get the bigger Grid Iron.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190222_082421.jpg
Views:	1212
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	639948

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    commented on 's reply
    Same here! I would like to have an OG and a Grid Iron. I just wish that one or both of them had been smart enough to come up with the seat station like camp chef did.... love that concept.

• Huskee
    replied
    Blazin' & Grilla are the 2 pellet grills on my list.

Leave a comment:

• (Blake)
    replied
    It was sold so I guess I keep on looking. Maybe make a call in a few

Leave a comment:

• (Blake)
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah. I am waiting to hear back from a dealer on one right now. Thanks. I’ll keeo everyone informed

• Flat Rocker
    replied
    @Blake: If you haven't decided yet, I would suggest that you consider the Grid Iron vs. the Grand Slam. You said "Only 3 of us in the family so the Grad Slam is probably big enough but. I like the size opening on them as it appears you can flip racks of ribs very easy." I had the Grand Slam for 2 years and there are only 2 of us, now I've got a Grid Iron on the way. I wished I had gone that route the first time. Just remember it's better to have and no need, than need and no have. Someday you'll wish you had a little more space to do more than you thought you'd ever need. I don't recall off the top of my head but the cost difference between the two wasn't enough to change my decision.

Leave a comment:

• (Blake)
    commented on 's reply
    Pellet dump, double wall, insulated top, cover are the main things. Only 3 of us in the family so the Grad Slam is probably big enough but. I like the size opening on them as it appears you can flip racks of ribs very easy

• (Blake)
    commented on 's reply
    That is beautiful. Waiting till I pull the trigger

• (Blake)
    commented on 's reply
    Where in New England are you located?

• Corvus
    replied
    I started comparing pellet cookers early last year. My local dealer carries several brands and I was impressed with the construction and several design elements unique to BG. They had a Black Friday deal that I couldn't pass up. It was not delivered until mid January when the weather was (still is) not friendly. I found one good day to burn in and now waiting for some good weather to do a long cook. First on the list will be a full packer then a suckling pig.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Corvus; February 15, 2019, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AmosMoses01
    replied
    Giving my feedback, have had my Grand Slam since August of last year. Love it! Even though I'm in Central Texas, I went with the insulated lid. (I know any folks up north who deal with all that polar vortex stuff have to laugh at that) I've used mine a bunch, and have been super pleased with it. The ONLY thing that in retrospect I'd do different would be to go up to the Grid Iron. I've now been asked to cook for a few gatherings, and having extra space would be useful. Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever.

And, btw, Jerod's review of his Grid Iron is what helped me decide to go with Blaz'n - I was on the fence between them and Yoder at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Bogy
    replied
    I also have a Grilla, one of the original OG's made in the US. There's a possibility that we are going to be buying a vacation/future retirement home in the relatively near future. I mentioned to my wife that if that happens, I'm probably going to need a second pellet burner, because we certainly couldn't do without a grill at one place or the other. (I would also still have my Weber Genesis, but I'm hoping she forgets that.) She asked what would happen when we moved to the second place for good, what would I do with two grills the same (because she knows I really like the Grilla). I asked her what made her think I'd get exactly the same grill? (other than that she knows I really like the OG). Left it at that, giving her time to let that percolate. Blaz'n is one of the grills that is on my short list. I like the fact that it's made in the US, and well insulated. I had a chance to compare one to a Yoder (and several other lesser grills) at the St. Louis BBQ Store last summer. Showed my wife then the difference in the weight of the lid compared to something like the Green Mountain. Even with the counterweight it was heavy. And I live close enough to Beatrice, NE I could go pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I just picked up a couple of Prime quality tri-tips, that sounds like a good choice. I just finished doing a pastrami flat and don't have any belly right now. This weekend is Valentines so I promised the little lady I'd cook her favorite, an SRF Picanha. Perhaps next weekend with a tri-tip Jerod Broussard ? PM me if you want to set a date !!!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here