Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blazin Grill Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blazin Grill Works

I just came across this company and their grills look pretty good. Double wall construction, large door opening , easy cleaning etc. Does anyone have one or any feedback? I have a Grilla Grill right now but thinking of upgrading. I know the Yoder is a great grill but being in New England one could go thur a lot of pellets getting it to temp so the double wll interested me. Any feedback would help. Thanks

I live in the cold Minnesota climate-probably similar to your climate. My Pellet Grill is a Memphis Pro which is insulated and made in Minneapolis. The insulation factor is what sold me. However they have gotten pretty expensive. The double wall on the Blazin Grills along with their easy fire pot clean out intrigues me. IMO the Blazin Grill is a very good value for the money! Good luck with your decision.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are nice grills

I'd recommend starting your reading HERE ... then move on to HERE.

( Jerod Broussard )
    Last edited by MBMorgan; February 12, 2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Yep, Jerod Broussard is a big fan of his. He should chime in soon.

Comment

Any specifics you are looking for as for options??

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman I have Tritip on the way and a special sauce to make with it, a full packer in the fridge for "flat pastrami" and a hankering to order some pork bellies

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          I just picked up a couple of Prime quality tri-tips, that sounds like a good choice. I just finished doing a pastrami flat and don't have any belly right now. This weekend is Valentines so I promised the little lady I'd cook her favorite, an SRF Picanha. Perhaps next weekend with a tri-tip Jerod Broussard ? PM me if you want to set a date !!!!

• (Blake)
          (Blake) commented
          Editing a comment
          Pellet dump, double wall, insulated top, cover are the main things. Only 3 of us in the family so the Grad Slam is probably big enough but. I like the size opening on them as it appears you can flip racks of ribs very easy

I took delivery of a Blaz'n Grand Slam last Friday. Got it all set to go and did the burn in last night. Came up to temp nice and fast, then held temp as far as I could tell. I won't know more until I do some cooking, but it's a nicely made grill and pretty heavy. I'm also in New England and I picked it over the others because it is made in the US and has double wall construction.

Comment

• (Blake)
          (Blake) commented
          Editing a comment
          Where in New England are you located?

Don’t know much about Blazin’. However, will say I’ve read on here that folks really like theirs. I have a Yoder and am very pleased. It recently got a winter jacket for Christmas and I will say even when it has been cold and windy (teens for temps and winds of 20+) it has helped lots and pellet consumption was about 1.5 pounds/hr max. Good luck on your search.
        Attached Files

Comment

I had a Grand Slam for 2 years and it was great. I just sold it and I have a new Grid Iron on order, hopefully it will be here in 2-3 weeks. They are very well built, hold temps great, and are easy to clean out. I like that they are American made and anytime I've had a question Tim Mickey at Blaz'n has been great to talk to. The Blaz'n for me was the right choice and I don't think you'd be sorry to invest in one. Good luck with whatever you choose, let us know what you decide on.

Comment

I also have a Grilla, one of the original OG's made in the US. There's a possibility that we are going to be buying a vacation/future retirement home in the relatively near future. I mentioned to my wife that if that happens, I'm probably going to need a second pellet burner, because we certainly couldn't do without a grill at one place or the other. (I would also still have my Weber Genesis, but I'm hoping she forgets that.) She asked what would happen when we moved to the second place for good, what would I do with two grills the same (because she knows I really like the Grilla). I asked her what made her think I'd get exactly the same grill? (other than that she knows I really like the OG). Left it at that, giving her time to let that percolate. Blaz'n is one of the grills that is on my short list. I like the fact that it's made in the US, and well insulated. I had a chance to compare one to a Yoder (and several other lesser grills) at the St. Louis BBQ Store last summer. Showed my wife then the difference in the weight of the lid compared to something like the Green Mountain. Even with the counterweight it was heavy. And I live close enough to Beatrice, NE I could go pick it up.

Comment

Giving my feedback, have had my Grand Slam since August of last year. Love it! Even though I'm in Central Texas, I went with the insulated lid. (I know any folks up north who deal with all that polar vortex stuff have to laugh at that) I've used mine a bunch, and have been super pleased with it. The ONLY thing that in retrospect I'd do different would be to go up to the Grid Iron. I've now been asked to cook for a few gatherings, and having extra space would be useful. Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever.

And, btw, Jerod's review of his Grid Iron is what helped me decide to go with Blaz'n - I was on the fence between them and Yoder at the time.

Comment

I started comparing pellet cookers early last year. My local dealer carries several brands and I was impressed with the construction and several design elements unique to BG. They had a Black Friday deal that I couldn't pass up. It was not delivered until mid January when the weather was (still is) not friendly. I found one good day to burn in and now waiting for some good weather to do a long cook. First on the list will be a full packer then a suckling pig.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Corvus; February 15, 2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• (Blake)
                  (Blake) commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is beautiful. Waiting till I pull the trigger

@Blake: If you haven't decided yet, I would suggest that you consider the Grid Iron vs. the Grand Slam. You said "Only 3 of us in the family so the Grad Slam is probably big enough but. I like the size opening on them as it appears you can flip racks of ribs very easy." I had the Grand Slam for 2 years and there are only 2 of us, now I've got a Grid Iron on the way. I wished I had gone that route the first time. Just remember it's better to have and no need, than need and no have. Someday you'll wish you had a little more space to do more than you thought you'd ever need. I don't recall off the top of my head but the cost difference between the two wasn't enough to change my decision.

Comment

• (Blake)
                  (Blake) commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah. I am waiting to hear back from a dealer on one right now. Thanks. I’ll keeo everyone informed

• Flat Rocker
                  Flat Rocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you haven't already, give Tim a call at Blaz'n and see what kind of price he can get for you vs. a local dealer. I'm guessing it will take about a week for mine to ship from NE to NC, but with all the rain we're getting I won't be cooking anytime soon anyway.

It was sold so I guess I keep on looking. Maybe make a call in a few

Comment

Blazin' & Grilla are the 2 pellet grills on my list.

Comment

• Nate
                    Nate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same here! I would like to have an OG and a Grid Iron. I just wish that one or both of them had been smart enough to come up with the seat station like camp chef did.... love that concept.

Coming back to this thread to re-recommend the Grid Iron. I did three racks of ribs and pork belly burnt ends this morning on my Grand Slam, and it was pretty maxed out. Everything came out great, but if I could go back and do things over, I would definitely get the bigger Grid Iron.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190222_082421.jpg
Views:	1212
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	639948

Comment

• (Blake)
                    (Blake) commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. I am thinking that is the way to go too. Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here