Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes at Blaz'n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes at Blaz'n

Called today and ordered a new augur motor. I ordered one from another source, but wasn't happy with it, so I decided to go with the "official" motor from Blaz'n. It's ordered, along with a coupling nut to replace one that got cross threaded on the pro shelves. I might be able to find one locally, but now I know it will be the right length etc.

But...Last week I ordered a new controller board. Today, Brent told me that from now on we will be able to order parts online. A new website that allows orders to be placed is up and running. Not all the parts seem to be listed yet, but I expect more will be listed as time goes on. He said that they now have more employees and resources that made this possible. When I went to the website I found some insight to that comment. M Grills and Blaz'n are now both being built in Beatrice. Sorry, Texas, gotta come to Beatrice now.

I also asked Brent if they had ever considered longer covers, instead of miniskirts, and he said he definitely has. The reason they are so short is that they are sewn locally, and the material they use makes it difficult to sew longer pieces of material. My wife, a master seamstress was listening in and immediately agreed. I said the material is the heaviest of any of all the covers on my 8 cookers, and that I had bought a different cover to keep the rain from getting in and causing me the problems I've had this year, and that I would be happy with a lighter but longer material. They are supposed to be researching it.

I now have a new account with Blaz'n, and as opposed to my order just last week will this time get updates on where my order is. My personal opinion is that Blaz'n/M Grills are moving in the right direction.

Good to hear.

Comment

They are being advertised on the same site now too.

M Grills & Blazn Grill Works offers expertly crafted, American made grills and smokers manufactured in the USA. Our product line includes high-performance pellet, charcoal, and wood grills and smokers as well as competition and commercial grills made entirely in the United States.

Comment

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        When I was looking at the site earlier my wife was afraid I had found another cooker to buy.

Bogy
      Don't forget to have Brent work on your thermo setting to get as hot as you need!
      Jeff

Comment

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        When I get the other augur motor I'll see about that.

More Lies from Blazn'. I asked about the cover as well and was told that it was done on purpose to increase airflow. My Grid Iron is rusting badly. Powder Coat failed. They will do nothing.

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a shame because it cooks great.

• RiverJeff
        RiverJeff commented
        Editing a comment
        @Old Glory
        Have you talked to Brent lately about your issues? My problems where a year or so old when the new owners took over he sent the parts I had problems with the day I called! My parts was the big bottom shelf and the pellet hopper cover! As you have some of my welds also have light issues however the large one he did address. Call the guy!

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        The "airflow" sounds like a rationalization to me. That it's made by a local company and the material is to heavy to work on bigger pieces makes a lot more sense. My wife has never made smoker covers, but has made wedding dresses and other things with a lot of material, and is familiar with the weight of the Blaz'n cover and immediately agreed that this explanation made perfect sense. Old Glory I agree with RiverJeff, if you have not tried calling since the new owners took over, give it a shot

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here