Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do, What to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do, What to do!

Back when I ordered my Gridiron back last March I included the Wi-Fi unit, I wanted all up to date features. So when I picked up the smoker the Wi-Fi was back ordered, That was ok because I also needed to update my phone to a smart one. To date phone is updated the Wi-Fi unit showed up in the mail. So I think I am ready to install the Wi-Fi, Here is where things get tricky, My questions are; Just what to expect from the Wi-Fi connection, What will I be able to do and will the Wi-Fi unit screw-up the manual actions I perform now? I am thinking all Wi-Fi units work pretty much the same way? yes/no. Am I setting up for disaster? I am pretty simple kind of person and Old! (new tricks old dog)
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Last edited by RiverJeff; April 24, 2022, 07:35 AM.

I don't have experience with Blazin units although I came close to buying one a while back. I would hope customer service can answer your questions or get on the Blazin FB page and question there. Someone there should have experience with getting the wifi unit hooked up. Good luck and let us know how you get on with this.

Comment

• RiverJeff
      RiverJeff commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

I have a Grid Iron. Love how it cooks. I ordered the Wifi Controller but never installed it. You can raise and lower temps, set a programmed cook, etc. Someday I will hook it up. I just haven't had the need.

Comment

• RiverJeff
      RiverJeff commented
      Editing a comment
      This is where I am, got the time just not sure if I would cause problems? the fence is getting wobbly!

First let me say I don’t have one! However, the Wi-Fi controls plugs into the current controls. So, it uses the same method as the manual controls like a key fob to lock and unlock your car door. Not install new hardware to open and close your garage door.

Is that helpful?
    Last edited by djl; April 23, 2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• RiverJeff
      RiverJeff commented
      Editing a comment
      Well this sounds inviting!
      Thank you!

• djl
      djl commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember the original tv remotes. When you changed the channel you could hear the dial on the tv flipping. Same idea
      Last edited by djl; April 23, 2022, 10:55 AM. Reason: Changed here to hear, cause English is my native language

• RiverJeff
      RiverJeff commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh when remotes were simple, On-Off Channel Up Channel Down Push buttons!

Enjoy!!!

Comment

Yes, WFI units work the same, they all work over WIFI.
      Be careful. I thought it would be fun and helpful to make BBQ easier. Not much luck with that. Now that I do not have to be tending to the grill, SWBO finds things for me to do, places to go, and people to see. So there goes sitting out back with PBR in hand, watching the light blue smoke wafting through the air.

Comment

• RiverJeff
        RiverJeff commented
        Editing a comment
        No or little beer time now wait just a minute!
        Thanks, Jeff

I have a Grid Iron, with the WiFi. Mine was a dealer floor model when they still had dealers. It had been connected to their WiFi, and getting it disconnected and connected to my account was the biggest hassle. You won't have that problem. The hook up is pretty simple, you just patch in the WiFi module to the motherboard. I find it very handy to be able to adjust the temp to either speed up or slow down the cook when I'm not actually there. Really not that difficult, if I remember right the instructions are pretty good, and Blaz'n will be glad to give you advice.

Comment

• RiverJeff
        RiverJeff commented
        Editing a comment
        I will keep an eye on the probe temp then!
        Thanks
        Jeff

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        RiverJeff The Blaz'n app is pretty simple, but that's not all bad, at least for me. I use my Fireboard for graphs of the cook, chamber temp and meat IT, so I don't another set of graphs. For someone who wants all that info it's probably not going to tell them everything they want to know. But for just the temps it does fine, and you can adjust the chamber temp with the app.

• RiverJeff
        RiverJeff commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for all your help!
        Jeff

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here