Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a Happy Camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at 4 years. I rinsed the dust off twice. Haven't used the hinge for the shelf in quite some time. Used it extensively the first couple years. I wiped off dust at the lid hinges, no rust really stood out. That shelf hinge takes a beating on that leading edge.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220324_232227.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.14 MB ID:	1195216 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220324_232249.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.29 MB ID:	1195217
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 24, 2022, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Hi! RiverJeff here, I have not introduced myself yet I plan to soon. been waiting to here about other gridiron paint failures.
      I live in Tekamah, Ne. So I drove to the blaz'n grill works to pick-up my gridiron May 7th 2021 I selected every option that was listed paid cash. What was funny because my gridiron was completely assembled and wrapped in shrink wrap no card or wood pallet. So when Brent used the fork lift to raised the smoker up to tailgate height I noticed a scuff across my big competition bottom shelf, called attention to the scuff, he tried to rub it out using w-d40 that didn't work so what now! said keep and eye on it! (found out also they used my gridiron in the new items video the big Black cherry one!) So paint has also fallen off my bottom shelf and the pellet hopper cover and I saying in patches! Also the chrome is coming off the flame behind the wire handle! This has happen during the written warranty period! I contact Brent with pictures telling him of all the paint falling off. He said at that time no problem he would replace all three items I would just have to do the labor and pick up the parts. He did send me a replacement handle that was blemished I sent that back only to be told that he could not help me I expect to much in the quality! All this happened within 2 weeks of my purchase! The first 6 months he keeps saying, (you will get the parts) 7th month he has quit answering my emails. Still no replacement parts! Be sure to check your warranty they do include if ANY COMPLAINTS OR LITIGATION MUST BE FILED IN NEBRASKA/GAGE COUNTY ONLY. So is this up front advise for small claims. Please let me know how your parts works for you.
      Thank you
      RiverJeff

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a damn shame.

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Magnuson Moss says that warranties have to be reasonable. A clause that makes it difficult to file is probably not enforceable. That being said, I doubt they are going to satisfy you regardless.

And, welcome!

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, forum selection clauses are pretty common and have been upheld. While it is burdensome on a buyer, the converse, if multiple buyers sue, would be more so for a business, as it would be forced to litigate in multiple jurisdictions all over the country.

5 miles from saltwater huh. Surrounded here by saltwater on three sides close enough to almost spit into, and I don’t see that much rust in five years on anything. I do see small amounts on some cooker’s hinge pins occasionally after a few years but it always just surface and is easily removed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here