Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grid Iron Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I Definitely have become a pellet head. So easy to control temps just enough smoke for our daily cooks. Perfect for steaks and roasting chickens. Adding the smoke box for ribs and butts is perfect for amping up the low and slow BBQ flavor.

• randy56
    replied
    Enjoying your enthusiasm, You are now a pellet head. Here's a tip, if ya want a little extra smoke flavor. Put your meat on when it is cold, do not pre heat The pellet grill. Looking at the picture's you may be getting your max amount of smoke

Leave a comment:

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    glitchy very true! I've been looking on FB marketplace but most everything is not taken care of at all around here. But I will definitely keep looking.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    jpietrantone You might check CL or FB Marketplace for a used pellet grill to try first before shelling out for a higher end pit. It used to be you could pick up used pellet grills pretty cheap, not quite as easy last 18 months but still worth a look. Then if you like it, you can probably sell it next Spring for about what you paid. If you buy a nice rig new and don’t like, you’re going to lose hundreds reselling it. The differences in results are pretty minor between various pellet grills.

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    jpietrantone I use it 90% of the time now. Roast chickens at 350-375, reverse sear steaks, chops, roasts, etc. Highly recommend it for mild smoke.

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, that could be something to add later. I just wish there was a way to try pellets before buying. I believe that would provide the hint of smoke that she likes. I don't need anything for grilling or searing. I'm just starting to look at pellets for smoking only.

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    jpietrantone Yes the smoke box adds more smoke to a cook. However, I haven't used it that much because my family likes a lighter smoke profile. The pellet grill without the smoke box adds just a hint of smoke which is perfect for us!

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Old Glory Does the smoke box add a good bit more smoke to the meat? I currently use charcoal and chunks but the wife complains of too much smoke. I'm hoping a pellet option may help with that in the future.

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    Shipping was $300 to MA

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    I am away but I'll measure when I get home. I'll look up the bill to see if I have shipping.

• jpietrantone
    replied
    I'm extremely impressed with the Blazin Gridiron. What are the clearance measurements between the additional grate racks? Do you mind telling me how much the shipping cost was?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Hope it helps folks looking at Pellet Grills.

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    willxfmr I used the Blazin' Smoker Pro

Last edited by Old Glory; June 12, 2021, 07:06 AM.

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I have really enjoyed this thread. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    commented on 's reply
    Just curious, what kind of smoke box are you using? I use one of the hexagon tubes for almost all my pooper cooks.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here