Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Burners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Burners

Looking into power burners as we begin our redesign of our outdoor area. Do you have one? What do you like and not like?

I have the Eastman kahuna burner. Will heat anything in almost no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Polarbear777 View Post
      I have the Eastman kahuna burner. Will heat anything in almost no time.
      That’s a little different than the power burners, but glad it’s working well. Similar BTU though.

Comment

Comment

Do you mean more like an IR searing burner? Lots of those to choose from as well.

Comment

(Arrow) are you looking for a built in solution, or a free standing burner? I have two outdoor burner style cookers - a Bayou Classic 60,000 BTU patio burner, and a King Cooker 2 burner stand that I like, which has a 65,000 BTU standard "banjo" burner, and a 105,000 BTU jet burner. They all get the job done, and boil or fry much much faster than any other burners I have used.

Bayou Classic (I paid about $50):

King Kooker:

Shop your favorite King Kooker & Mr. Outdoors Cookout Portable Propane Outdoor Cookers and Smokers, Cookware, Accessories and More!

That said, if you don't need 60,000 or more BTU's, I would look really hard at the Camp Chef 16" series of propane stoves. They have 30,000 BTU's per burner, up to 3 burners, and have a ton of accessories available.

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              barelfly I think the hose is about 36" long. It would probably work up on a table, if the tank was below or beside the table. I wouldn't want to spend the money replacing the regulator on a brand new cooker - I think there are others that have longer hoses.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              barelfly if your wok has a metal handle look at the jet burners... even more btu's than the banjo burners.

• Dadof3Illinois
              Dadof3Illinois commented
              Editing a comment
              barelfly I set mine on a table for frying fish and it works great.

Gator Pit jet burner!! It’s so heavy duty!! I love mine!!

Comment

• Polarbear777
              Polarbear777 commented
              Editing a comment
              Which one? Pics?

Polarbear777
            Attached Files

Comment

Polarbear777 http://gatorpit.net/fryers-and-fire-pits.html

Comment

• scottranda
                scottranda commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s like 40 pounds. Super sturdy.

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                What is the width of the flame off that? Probably perfect for general use and boiling. Wondering if it would work for a wok, that is if I ever consider doing built-in.

Polarbear777 it sits perfectly!!!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

I too am shopping for a power burner to install in my outdoor kitchen in a new home we are building in CO. I want it to be built-in though. Does anyone have experience with Blaze products. I looked at the Blaze Professional LUX natural gas unit (BLZ-PROPB-NG) and it looks pretty good. 60,000 BTU and it is only 15-3/4" wide, so it doesn't take a lot of real estate.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggested alternatives.

Comment

I went withe Alfresco Power Burner. Still on order but it looks good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here