Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally set up the fire pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    Growing up, when I was 8 my spider bike and I were generally 15 miles away in a cornfield somewhere, or sitting in the cockpit of a cropduster's biplane. In other words, growing up, we all would have had our parents arrested today, and been assigned to social workers. ROFL

• Dan Deter
    commented on 's reply
    We'll probably string some lights in the back behind the pit (there's a nice triangle of trees) and put a table back there for holding drinks, s'mores, etc. That will probably require a real power line out to there

• Dan Deter
    replied
    Got the path and outside the stone ring mulched today, took almost 3 yards. Almost done, just need to bury the power line for the path lights and get a few more rocks to add another layer or 2 to the fire ring. Then last thing will be tacking the rocks together with some beads of high temp mortar so they don't get knocked over too easily.

From the top of the path where it starts at the tree line:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200912_130330.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	909997

From the back of seating area looking out towards the yard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200912_130428.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	909998

At some point my wife will put some plantings and decorations at the entrance to the path. Then sometime in the next few weeks we'll replace the bridge (which is 17 years old and starting to show it).

Leave a comment:

• Dan Deter
    commented on 's reply
    Also, not much of a breeze there, its actually in a low spot just the other side of a creek that runs between ridges. There's actually a 13" drop between the back side and the front side of the circle (20' distance).

• Dan Deter
    commented on 's reply
    Not particularly a worry, although there is always a 5 gallon bucket of water out there when a fire is going. The forest in our back yard actually doesn't have that much undergrowth. Then, the fire ring itself is 4' across, and the seating area stones go another 10' outside of the fire ring. Generally any sparks have cooled enough by the time they have gone far enough to cause any trouble not to worry about it. Growing up we generally just had a ring of stones and that was enough.

• Huskee
    replied
    Very cool! Thanks for the progress pics. My wife wants to do something very similar in our yard. She also wants to put up 3 poles, 4x4s, about yay-far apart and 8-10' high straddling one side of the area and string lights across them. By "she" I mean she wants me to do all this.

Leave a comment:

• pjlstrat
    replied
    Wow and Wow!! Well done, that look awesome!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Beautimous Job, after Lotsa Toil, Brother!

Perfeck skyclad destination, now.

Leave a comment:

• JGo37
    replied
    I'd still be worried about embers on the breeze - am I wrong? Did I spend too much time in Ca.? Cuz what you have - I want one. But my backyard backs up to old growth.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    What nice work & a great setting. Hope there’s room fer most of us & ya have lots of marshmallows.

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Wow! Gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Where are you located, rather the Pit located, I will bring the BEER.
    Looks great. Friend Magnet for sure.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Very nice. Thank you for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Cool. Very cool. Nice job Sir.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here