Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally set up the fire pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautimous Job, after Lotsa Toil, Brother!

Perfeck skyclad destination, now.

Comment

Wow and Wow!! Well done, that look awesome!!!

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for the progress pics. My wife wants to do something very similar in our yard. She also wants to put up 3 poles, 4x4s, about yay-far apart and 8-10' high straddling one side of the area and string lights across them. By "she" I mean she wants me to do all this.

Comment

• Dan Deter
          Dan Deter commented
          Editing a comment
          We'll probably string some lights in the back behind the pit (there's a nice triangle of trees) and put a table back there for holding drinks, s'mores, etc. That will probably require a real power line out to there

Got the path and outside the stone ring mulched today, took almost 3 yards. Almost done, just need to bury the power line for the path lights and get a few more rocks to add another layer or 2 to the fire ring. Then last thing will be tacking the rocks together with some beads of high temp mortar so they don't get knocked over too easily.

From the top of the path where it starts at the tree line:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200912_130330.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	909997

From the back of seating area looking out towards the yard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200912_130428.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	909998

At some point my wife will put some plantings and decorations at the entrance to the path. Then sometime in the next few weeks we'll replace the bridge (which is 17 years old and starting to show it).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here