Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Cooking/Entertaining Area Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good brother!

Comment

Great job. This has been fun to watch.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Fantastic. You will enjoy that deck for years to come.

Comment

Excellent! We just need a photo of you cooking or sitting in a chair with your favorite beverage now! Time to enjoy!!!

Comment

How exciting for you! Such a great job. Kudos.

Kathryn

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

I'm sorry I missed this whole thing since August, not really sure how either. Wow! Nice job! You & the Mrs are hard workers and you deserve every bit of enjoyment this new cooking and relaxing and life-enjoying space will provide you! #inspiring

Comment

Very Cool!!

Comment

So, now that the weather is turning nice again, it's time to work on finishing the deck. I've begun building the box stairs along the front of the deck.There will be 3. I currently have 2 of the boxes built and the bottom one has the tread boards installed. The top 2 steps and the rim joist forming the top most riser will reach have a pair of LED step lights. The ones in the rim joist are installed and working. Attached is a picture of progress so far. You can also see the little bistro set we bought for the deck. Sorry about that tools in the pic.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210323_220710196-01_copy_1605x1512.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	1007814

Comment

Yay! More progress to follow from the comfort of my computer chair. Carry on!

Kathryn

Comment

A little more progress. I finished the top stair box. Now I just have to finish running the step lights on the riser and install the tread boards. My tool battery ran out before I could finish cutting the holes for the junction boxes for the lights. If the weather permits I should finish tomorrow.

​​​​​​Edit: I just noticed I installed the corner framing in the wrong direction on the near corner of the top box. Oh, well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210330_215407851.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.48 MB ID:	1010788
                        Last edited by Dewesq55; March 30, 2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• hoovarmin
                          hoovarmin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just cashed out an equity loan. Are you taking on new customers?

Dewesq55 great carpentry skills! I'm envious! That's gonna be an awesome set up.

Comment

I got the stair riser lights all installed and connected to Alexa. They are not as bright as they seem from the picture. The weather is supposed to be decent tomorrow so hopefully I can finish the stairs.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210403_010249706-01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	1012333
                          Last edited by Dewesq55; April 2, 2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Jared49
                            Jared49 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I just came across this thread today and sorry that I missed out on the beginning of it. This is an awesome build. Congratulations on a really well built project. In reading through the thread I saw mention of you injuring your thumb but couldn’t find where you mentioned it and how severe the injury was? Hopefully you’ve healed up by this time. You’ve done well with this build.

• Attjack
                            Attjack commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice touch.

• Dewesq55
                            Dewesq55 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Jared49 - Thanks for the kinds words. Of you're interested, here is the thread about my thumb:

All is well with the thing now, as well as the severe forearm laceration I did to myself a week ago on three miter saw. 😯

Continues to look great. I was thinking of adding on to mine this year, but with lumber prices right now I think I am going to wait.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                            Dewesq55 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, We definitely paid a lot more than we expected to. But we've been wanting to do it for a few years and, with Covid, I had the time. Also, despite being out of work, I had the funds available so we just did it.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here