Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Cooking/Entertaining Area Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks awesome! How close were you from needing to put guardrails on it? Just be careful of the edge after those cocktails!

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not that close. Rails needed over 30" above grade. The deck is less than 24" above at the highest point. I am building perimeter benches that will also serve as edge protection. While not technicality required, they will provide that measure of safety as well as be attractive and functional.

It's really great to see it done! You should be proud, that's a job very well done!

I'm planning to do something very similar, have spent the last weeks driving around purchasing enough boards. For some reason people here build things during the pandemic since everyone is working from home :-) So getting enough material is tough. But I'll use your build as an inspiration, love the built-in lights.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      The same thing has been happening here and building supplies are way up in price. Lumber is about 5X higher than it should be right now. I have several projects on hold right now because of this.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Henrik . Good luck with your project. If you go back to the beginning of this thread you'll see that I had the same problem with purchasing sufficient materials. At one point I had to take a break of a few weeks while I waited for some lumber I had already purchased to arrive since some of the original boards were discovered by the store to be defective.

I finally got started on the kitchen sink cabinet. Taking advantage of the nice weather. I got the framing done and the cutout for the sink in the ¾ plywood. On top of that will be ¼" Durock and then porcelain tiles. I also got the plywood sheathing on the 2 ends of the cabinet. The sink is being repurposed from our indoor kitchen which we rebuilt several years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210625_223737921-01.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	1050825

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure how I have not seen this thread until now, but, what a great area you have built! Fantastic!

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Richard Chrz . I like what you are doing with your outdoor space as well

I know this is premature, but I'm so happy with the way it's coming out I just have to share. Also, I'm away for most of the next week so can't do any more until then. The door frames are not fastened in yet. I just have a champ holding them in place for the pic. The pipe sticking up on the upper right is the electrical conduit for the outlet that will be there.

Name:	PXL_20210722_183210490.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	1065317

Comment

I finally got the tiles for the countertop all cut and laid out. I'd be lying if I said all of the spacing/grout lines were perfectly straight and even, but I think it's gonna look pretty good. Next decent weather day and I will install them.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210810_194803276-02.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	1075457
    Last edited by Dewesq55; August 10, 2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Tile countertop (badly) done! All that's left is to write the outlet box and install the plumbing. Nearly done!

Name:	PXL_20210815_202029537-01.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	1077814

Comment

• Rfhd69
        Rfhd69 commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks great my friend! Nice job

• SmokingSteve
        SmokingSteve commented
        Editing a comment
        I got news for you. I don't see any "badly done" there! Lookin' good.

Finished!

Name:	PXL_20210823_203328006.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	1081992

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here