Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 8 week project is Finally Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got any recent photos of that gorgeous build in action, ssandy_561 ? Did you do anything to cover your deck from the Blackstone's splatters?

You really knocked it out of the park with this build. Congrats.

Kathryn

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      Post 14 shows the finished cooking center.

There is a 3” gap on the sides and back of the griddle and then the left strip and front strip of stainless is 4” where the back strip of stainless is 7”.

We did get an outdoor rug to put down in front of the cooking center. I’ll post a picture of that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0DF00FA2-C122-4002-A613-21B915CD7B21.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	924490Click image for larger version

Name:	055B3D48-C06B-4116-9654-2126F21782DB.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	924489fzxdoc here is a couple of photos of the outdoor rug we got for in front of the cooking center.

Comment

Good move, ssandy_561 . I did the same. Bought a decorative outdoor rug from Wayfair. Put it over some fireproof BBQ mats purchased from Lowes. That way I have aesthetics and a measure of protection from the possible hot coal.

The rug you chose looks great!

Kathryn

Comment

ssandy_561 I know you recently added an umbrella holder to the back of this beautiful setup. I was wondering how much of an issue you've had with rain water getting into the bottom of the cabinet, or does it just run through and onto the ground? It seems open around the rim of the kettle, and under the griddle. Do you store stuff underneath?

Also was wondering if the siding material was wood, or something like Hardiplank?

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Do the L and install a sink. You won't regret it.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack since this is way out in the back yard, I probably won't go to the effort to run plumbing or natural gas there any time soon, but my thoughts are a potable water hose can be buried under the mulch and snake up into the back of this thing, and a 5 gallon bucket underneath can catch a lot of water from washing hands and rinsing stuff, before it needs to be emptied...

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          On natural gas - I get a remarkable number of cooks from an LP tank with the Camp Chef, as most of the time just 4 of the 6 burners are going, and on medium-low. My main concern is that if I build it in, I can't load it up in the truck and take it somewhere to cook a bunch of burgers elsewhere... something I have been known to do pre-COVID! I can always load the Genesis or Performer up though for that type of cook at a park or the church pavilion.
          Last edited by jfmorris; March 31, 2021, 03:04 PM.

@ssandy_561 Beautiful job! and by the way what is the material used to cover the sides etc. Looks great and I expect it is water resistant if not water proof. Please comment.

Comment

• ssandy_561
          ssandy_561 commented
          Editing a comment
          Please look at all of the comments from the post above (#64)I think everything you might want to know is there. Let me know if you have any questions after reading them.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here