Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 8 week project is Finally Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that is nice!!! Was the SS top very expensive to have fabricated?

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and no. It was more than I thought it would be but calling around I was quoted anywhere between $1500 and $2100 for all three pieces. The guy that built it for me charged me $900. It’s 108”x32” with a 2” overhang on all sides and a 5 1/2” welded overhang around the griddle. My neighbor know about stainless and he said all of the welds done are flawlessly.

Big fan of the red cooler for hot stuff and blue cooler for cold stuff —> attention to detail

Comment

Very cool! Nice work my friend!

Comment

Very nicely done!

Comment

This is so inspiring. Here's to many happy times in your new cooking area, great job.

Comment

So, revisiting this thread, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is that composite decking you used for the facade?
            2. Where did you get those stainless doors and frames?

Thanks.

David

Comment

• ssandy_561
              ssandy_561 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I used composite decking as the facade. I purchased it at Menards here in Ohio.

The doors I bought from Amazon. They are Mophorn brand. The one under the kettle is 24x17 and the one under the griddle is 42x21

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, ssandy_561

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              @Dewsq55 check out the doors and drawers you can buy from Hasty-Bake, too

Nice work. Impressed that even though you had to set the the shelf under the griddle back a bit for tank in/out, you angled the shelf to maximize the storage real estate. I never would’ve had the patience for all those angles. Also like the little chamfers in the studs under the tank so it would sit lower. Little things.

Comment

That is pretty damn awesome ssandy_561 .... an outdoor cooking area is on my agenda, but probably not until next year at this point.

Comment

My goodness that is nice!

Comment

How did I miss the finished project? Looks great!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Boy that looks nice!

Comment

Great work. Enjoy!

Comment

Super nice job

Comment

Sorry I missed this too. Wow, what a nice project and outcome!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here