Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paper towel dispenser for outdoor kitchen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper towel dispenser for outdoor kitchen?

Anyone found a good paper towel dispenser for their outdoor kitchen? I’ve been using a plastic bin on a shelf under the glasstop bar which is my prep station, but it’s tough fiddling with the lid when your hands are messy! I’m thinking something like this, but need to surface mount on the wall -
    https://www.amazon.com/SUNSTONE-A-TH.../dp/B002BDOA9G . Needs to be weather-resistant, although it’ll be under the eaves in Southern California. Appreciate any suggestions.

Bottom line? NO. I look and look but nothing hits the mark. Would love guidance from The Pit.

Comment

Just get a piece of 1/2" galvanized pipe and the fittings you need to put it where you want, (12" or 18").
      You will need one of these, one of these, and maybe one of these, (in 1/2") and one of these.. Screw them together, mount wherever and yur done.
      Last edited by RonB; July 18, 2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

That’s a real nice one but seems like a snug fit for the ginormous rolls they make today. No??

BtW I got nothing. Just making an observation.

Comment

Typically I use an invisible self-standing vertical stand.

Comment

I left a roll on the Blackstone and looked out side to see about 12 feet of paper towels scrolling out over the patio. I have the ones on the back of the SS doors but the doors tend to let water in when it rains hard.

Comment

I have one of these...

Heavy enough that I can use it with one hand...and the arm keeps it from unraveling like a banner when the wind blows.

Comment

$135 for a paper towel holder is more than I can do. I've been thinking of getting a plastic lidded bin that's big enough to hold a new roll, cut a slot for the towels to pass through on one long side near the top, and screwing it up on the wall. Think that might work?

Comment

• surfdog
                  surfdog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t see why not. That said, I like the portability of mine...I can move it closer to, or onto, whatever cooker I’m using.

And I agree with you... I’d have a hard time justifying that much on a towel holder. O_o
                  Last edited by surfdog; July 19, 2020, 11:31 PM.

I know that these are hard to find right now but I've always used those Lysol Wipe type things for cooking outside. They do a good job if I happen to get some PBC gunk on something. Some years ago I got into the habit of dumping the leftover fluid in the bottom of the empty wipe container into the next one. That adds some weight so I don't have to worry about a gust of wind blowing them off the table.

When I saw what was going down in March I ordered a 6 pack of Armor All cleaning wipes (not the protectant type) to use in place of the disinfectant wipes. You can still get them all day long at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I would not know where to get one but all i can think of is the paper towel holders that are in restaurant/sporting event venues.

They are usually black and you pull the paper towel out from the bottom center of the unit. It would need to be mounted somewhere and it probably uses a specific kind of paper towel roll.

Comment

My plan is to get a magnetic one like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Katzco-Magn...4-135149aa9081 Just haven't picked one out or ordered it.

Comment

• surfdog
                      surfdog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have a similar one...it's now been relegated to my airbrush easel. It works...but has two flaws that keep me from using it outside. 1) It's never where want/need it. 2) The one I have WILL unravel in a breeze. Quite the sight to walk inside for a couple minutes only to see twenty-six feet of paper towels blowing in the wind. LOL

Now we need something for aluminum foil and butcher paper.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here