Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor barn-style slider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor barn-style slider?

My cousin has been helping me build a mobile grill table. We are planning to go with a concrete top. We wanted to add a barn-style slider door to the right side... does anyone have a recommendation on barn door cabinet hardware that will not easily rust?
    Attached Files

No help here on the hardware. However I applaud you on the build and especially the stout casters. Good job!

Comment

Sorry I have no recommendation on the hardware. But as a fellow woodworker, well done!

Comment

Same here on no recommendations, but I'm in complete admiration of your work here. Good stuff!

Comment

No clue for your question, however, great build!

Comment

Might look at Rejuvenation.com, I know they have outdoor barn-type slidin door hardware, not sure if any is scaled down small enough fer yer cool cart, nor can I attest to weather resistance, but theirs is fer gates, etc.

Comment

Might be some possibilities here -- https://johnsonhardware.com/wall-mou...-door-hardware

Real barn door hardware is galvanized steel and meant to be out in the weather, but it's pretty clunky for your application.

I had an indoor application for a sliding "barn" door, and I used a kit from Johnson that has a fascia to cover the roller hardware, but there are other kits designed to leave the hardware exposed.

The fascia, if you go that direction, is extruded aluminum and can be painted if you like. I used some of that Rustoleum paint in a bronze color that gets a crackly look as it dries, and the paint job turned out really sweet.

The roller hardware is zinc plated steel. I wouldn't use it in an environment open to the weather or in an oceanside location, but in a protected outdoor location away from salt air, I'd think it would work fine.

Comment

Nice lookin cart!

Comment

No help on the hardware question, but that's a nice looking cart. Well done.

Comment

From the thread title, I thought this would be a hamburger recipe.

A few years ago, I stayed at the Hotel Paradox in Santa Cruz. The property was originally a Holiday Inn around 50 years ago, so the rooms were small by modern standards. The interior design was a mixture of old and new, hence the "paradox".

The bathroom door was on a barn door style slider to match the weathered barn slats on the wall by the bed (see on Google Maps). I'm guessing the hardware was such that would not be affected by steam or condensation should someone not turn on the exhaust fan while running hot water in the shower.

For the woodworking guys, you would be impressed by the front desk.
                    Last edited by N227GB; June 24, 2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

smarks112 Wondering whether you found an option for your slider?

Comment

• smarks112
                        smarks112 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think I’m going to try standard black indoor cabinet ones with a clear rustoleum applied

• hoovarmin
                        hoovarmin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds good. Please post the finished product so we can all get the MCS drools and rashes

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here