Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for shade sail hardware options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for shade sail hardware options

Folks, I have 2 coolaroo shade sails that I need to install over the pergola. I've looked at hardware options on Amazon but all are mixed reviews. Looking for heavy duty stainless steel options. Does anyone have a supplier they'd like to share or ideas? Preferably 3/8" hardware. Thanks!

-Fritz

Will be interesting to see what you come up with for this. I was looking at installing some of these at our lake house. The ones I was looking at came with hardware though....although, may be cheap. But, my plan is to only have this up when we are there and stored away otherwise, so should get good use out of it.

stainless sounds Like a good plan to me - perhaps a boating website, since most hardware in boats and trailers is stainless. I know I’ve seen, Home Depot has some stainless, but maybe not all pieces needed?

Where did you find the coolaroo sails?

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Found the shade sails at Costco a few months back. Good idea on the boating accessories sites.

Fastenal or Bolts Plus for specific hardware
    Home Depot or Lowe’s May stock generic hardware
    Last edited by smokin fool; June 6, 2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Fastenal
      stupid spell check on my phone.....
      Last edited by smokin fool; June 6, 2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
        mountainsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        Both spellings are the same.

Yeah not having a good day

Comment

As far as marine hardware Hamilton Marine, iBoat, Wholesale Marine, there are a couple of more I can't think of right now.

Comment

Have you looked to see what coolaroo offers? We have these blinds up all around our covered pergola and they work great!!!

Comment

www.sailrite.com Caters to sailmakers, marine upholstery industry etc. Lots of hardware for attaching fabric and canopies to boats and decks. Been a customer for decades and always top quality.

Comment

Not sure what exactly you are looking. But, anytime I have a rigging project I go to my local marine store and look at the sailboat hardware isle. This hardware heavy duty and impervious to the weather.

Comment

I'll definitely look at the Coolaroo site. That didn't even come to mind but should have been my first look. Donw thanks for the website referral and thanks to everyone else for their suggestions!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here