Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Kettle Table Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Kettle Table Question

For those that have built a custom table where their kettle sits in a hole, what do you do with your lid?

I’m in the early stages of planning one out and I’m trying to figure out what to do with my lid
    when it’s not sitting on top of my kettle.

Thanks for any advice.

You could build a shelf on the bottom of the table to put the lid when you are not using it. Adding shelves is pretty easy when you are building.

Or you could put an iron hook on the side of the table to hang the lid from.

Comment

I haven't built one, but I'm wondering if you could attach a lid bail to the end of the tabletop. The 26" has the lid bail attached of course, and there's an aftermarket lid bail for the 22.

Comment

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks like it needs to be attached to a curved surface to function correctly. I could be mistaken.

I put a hinge on mine from unknown bbq so it swings up toward the open end of the table.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya beat me to it...

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think I’m gonna have an open end. I’m pretty sure I’ll be enclosing the whole thing.

• castironchris
        castironchris commented
        Editing a comment
        A hinge should still work I would think. It should pivot above the table. I would still put it on the side so you aren't reaching across the hot kettle for the lid handle.

Just a bit more about what I am planning on building

Dimensions
      9’ long x 2.5’ deep x 3’ high

Kettle on left about 6” from edge
      28” Blackstone Griddle 10” from right edge

4’ prep section between Kettle and Griddle

Two drawers below the prep section with a Coleman 24-Can Party Stacker in each drawer. One for hot, one for cold.

Stainless 24” x 17” single door below kettle

Stainless 42” x 21” double door below griddle

Stainless Steel Top

I’m still debating what I’m going to enclose the whole structure with.

I’m framing the whole thing with pressure treated 2x4s

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here