Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concrete Counter Top in One Hour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete Counter Top in One Hour!

I need to stay off of YouTube! I found this video today and the guy is one of the few DIY YouTubers who is interesting, has clear instructions, good production values, and for a very first DIY video this is awesome. I may make one of these this summer! Oh, and I may also make a wood fired pizza oven with a gym ball.

Thanks. That was an entertaining video.

Comment

Very nice and cleverly done. Thanks

Comment

He has a lot of great stuff on there. That'll keep me busy for a while. I probably won't build any of it, but I enjoy watching others create cool things.

Comment

That's cool. I did pour in place countertops in my kitchen and my trowel work was not so good. Instructions said don't touch for an hour, but by then it was too hard to fix. Lots of grinding later and I still plan on grinding more this summer or whenever you can buy good masks again...

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing

Comment

Done several in restaurants, they are relatively easy. One tip, don’t mix too much water with the cement mix. It’s easy to try and make it self leveling but it weakens the end result once it sets up.

Comment

I've made many, as well; reckon someday soon, I had oughtta make some fer my dang ol self, huh?

Comment

For a smaller job like this, I would actually recommend the 2 bucket mix method. Just dump back and forth between 2 buckets. Faster than anything except an actual handheld mixer which most folks don't own anyway. Then again there's the old tried and true of dumping it on a sheet of plywood or in a wheelbarrow and hurting your back with a shovel or hoe

Comment

Dang, I did have to click on this late at night, when I should be going to bed, three videos later...Really cool. Just finished a patio in the parsonage where we are most of the time, getting ideas for what we want at our own home, "the Lake House" for now. Wife wants rip apart the kitchen, which currently has tile countertops, and we both like concrete, so this is really informative. I might try out something for the outdoor kitchen first.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here