Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Wood Cribs and Fuel Storage!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I’d love to do a time lapse, but I’d have to have all the wood split before starting it. For sure possible, I just don’t generally cut and stack wood like that. I do when I split with the log splitter though, which I really don’t use any more.

I checked out Goldsworthy……..that is some wild stuff. Really cool outdoor art. I love that stuff. MsTwiggy

• MsTwiggy
    commented on 's reply
    I think you should do art prints. You might not quite be an Andy Goldsworthy but with some planning and a Holzhausen timelapse series you could give him a run for his money. 🔥🔥🐿️ Spinaker I think y’all are kindred spirits. You should check him out!

• Spinaker
    replied
    Monthly update……..Not much of change. However, once we get into the summer months and that Sun if higher in the sky, the wood will really start to change. The pieces on the right in the last picture are the shingles for the new Holzhausen. (Which I hope to finish this weekend)

February 10th (Date of completion)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3342.jpg Views:	16 Size:	217.9 KB ID:	1585391
    March 10th (one month in)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3663.jpg Views:	16 Size:	200.8 KB ID:	1585392
    April 17th (two months since completion)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3940.jpg Views:	16 Size:	208.6 KB ID:	1585393

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Hahaha, you are doing fine. We all start somewhere. Also, I may have developed a problem with my obsession. So you might be on the right side of this.

• PGH_RAM
    replied
    I, uh, feel a little inadequate. :-p

Here's my current fuel set up. I have plans to build a small woodshed once I get my Yoder offset (hopefully the end of this year). Right now, though, with just my 22" kettle, this arrangement is doing the trick. I'll be getting two more of the smaller bins: one for hickory and one for oak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Storage.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	1580298

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Haha, it is tiring but it feels great and it’s a great stress reliever. Plus, It was a beautiful day outside. RonB

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I'm tired just lookin' at these photos.

• Spinaker
    replied
    We had a productive day down at the sauna. I have the middle filled and I’ve started to make the peak. I will lay the shingle bark pieces on top once I get more wood in the center.

I added stumps for me to stand on so I can better reach the top as wood is added. Last time I simply threw the pieces up on top, which resulted in a very uneven roof structure.

Name:	IMG_3796.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	1576225 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3793.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	1576224 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3790.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	1576223

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, I can't argue that one! Troutman Panhead John

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, quite killing forests and tell us more about Sabrina !!!!!

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    We need more pics of Sabrina and less of you. 😉 😂

• Spinaker
    replied
    She's a keeper folks! Sabrina made it through quite a few rounds of Ash last night. We are getting close to finishing the second Holzhausen. Last night, all the wood we split went to fill the middle of this beast. There is at least 2 cords of wood in here so far.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3772.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.06 MB ID:	1575445 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3775.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.46 MB ID:	1575446

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    The new Holzhausen has grown. The walls are done and she is just about full in the center. I’ve got some ash rounds to split up before I can start to build up the peak in the middle. I should have enough bark pieces for shingles. (Pictured in between the Holzhausens) If not, there is plenty more ash out there to cut and split. (Thanks to the damn EAB invasion)

Name:	IMG_3719.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	1573168 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3721.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	1573169

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    You can build them how ever you want. Some people make a spiral pattern, or they combine two different types of stacks. STEbbq

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Is there only one design for these wood stacks? Or can you build them differently each time?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here