Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Wood Cribs and Fuel Storage!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greygoose
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Old silage silos for cattle.

• Greygoose
    replied
    What are those small silos on the other side of the tree line ?
    just wondering,,,,

Leave a comment:

• KimO
    commented on 's reply
    WOW!

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Fancy axes you got. Coupe of weekends ago I found an old double bit head covered in rust out at the farm in the field. I'm thinking about cleaning it up and using it vs my regular single, sledge, and maul.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I am with RonB . I’d be probably dumb and just grab wood from the middle but surely this author has a process for the use and removal process if he has one for building it.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Standing aged timber is my favorite.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    What's more fun to you, stacking wood, or catching someone in a fireman on the mat?

• fzxdoc
    replied
    That photo is a feast for the eyes, and a tribute to the perseverance of an outdoors man. Kudos to you, Spinaker !

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Looks great. What is the process for removing once it's dry? Of course, you know the wood on the bottom will be the dryest.

• Smoker_Boy
    commented on 's reply
    The dog looks like he's sayin' "I wouldn't have done it that way but you got away with it".

• scottranda
    commented on 's reply
    Goals!!!

• Spinaker
    replied
    Whelp. I got the middle filled up and some of the bark pieces on top for the roof. I still need to add some pieces of to the very top. (Not sure how I am going to go up there and do that, it is about 10 FtT from ground to the top and 4 feet from the edge to the middle) I ran out of rounds to split open, so I will need to find some more rounds tomorrow. I will post a better picture when the sun is out tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3336.jpg Views:	0 Size:	878.4 KB ID:	1550923

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    It is a lot of work. But it is satisfying and it keeps me feeling young. Manual hard work leads to a long life. Thoreau once said, "wood warms twice over, once when you chop it, and again when you burn it. " Panhead John

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I am lucky. I have a friend with a landscaping business. He drops trees off for me. (He needs a place to put them anyway.) I have the luxury of getting some pretty big logs dropped off at the sauna. The current block I am using is a 36" Ash. I have his cut the stump as low as possible so I get the flare at the bottom. This really helps with stability. If you lived closer, I would be happy to haul one over to you! Dan Deter

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here