Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Wood Cribs and Fuel Storage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! You start by taking part of the roof down and then you work your way down. It does get a little hairy. However, with each row I placed, I tapped it with a sledge hammer to get the pieces of wood set in tightly to the stack. I am hoping that will help keep things tight. However, I am sure it will be a bit of a challenge to keep things in order. Stay tuned for that part. I plan on doing a monthly update as time goes on. It will be fun to see how it changes over time as it dries!

• Purc
    replied
    Spinaker I have enjoyed your post and pictures on the Holzhaulsen. To get the logs out, how do you do that? Is it a big game of Jenga?

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Gorgeous morning down at the sauna. The Holzhaulsen is looking good with all that snow. I love that we finally got some snow!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3381.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	1553613
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3383.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	1553612

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    I have it soaking in some kroil right to at the farm. I'll be able to tell you once I get it cleaned up.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I have one fancy axe, anyway. That was a gift from brother, after I helped him move to Austin. Other than that, I mostly use Fiskars axes, they work great.

You should totally restore that axe head. You can use electrolysis to do it. Then put a handle on it and that thing will be good as new. What kind of axe head is it?

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, this is the first project I have done in my life where people are just sitting back and wondering what the hell I am doing. I think it is so far out there, that they think I am crazy and am beyond suggestion. Smoker_Boy Kinda like Bluto in Animal House......."forget it, he's rolling..."

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    There is nothing better. It can be harder to spit, but the trade off is certainly worth it. texastweeter

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Tough call. LOL texastweeter

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    With kiln dried wood......you don't have to be! Panhead John

• Spinaker
    replied
    Here is a daytime shot. Much easier to see . The one below is a close up of the shingles.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3342.jpg Views:	3 Size:	4.87 MB ID:	1551199
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3341.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.31 MB ID:	1551198

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, Kathryn!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    You start at the top. Actually the top pieces will dry first. However, that won’t be an issue since I will leave this stacked for at least a year.

• Greygoose
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Old silage silos for cattle.

• Greygoose
    replied
    What are those small silos on the other side of the tree line ?
    just wondering,,,,

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here