Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Grilling Center for my KJ Jr. !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    Here is the finished product. One big happy BBQ family! Thanks for reading! Stay healthy everyone!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	71C623F1-2420-448C-9EE8-3E0F37EAF5D9.jpeg
Views:	605
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	827862

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Well folks here are the finished pics! This was a really fun project! Over engineered to the max, but thatโ€™s okay. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I used my jig to cut the hole for the Jr.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	62A05230-20E3-4101-8174-CDEE44577617.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	663.1 KB ID:	827854Click image for larger version  Name:	AA839295-7F3F-4B6C-91FA-F98B079A89C8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	802.5 KB ID:	827855Click image for larger version  Name:	0C775711-7C80-46AB-A015-DCDA5FB82BFA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	630.2 KB ID:	827853 Next up was installing some shelves.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	10FA4360-7245-4B29-A2F4-2BA3A2CE97AC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	827857Click image for larger version  Name:	8EE4B31B-B5B4-4A3D-9843-FEB1F1F3E55E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	554.3 KB ID:	827856 Here is a close up of the hot plate. I needed to throw that in.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	58A35B7B-A5D8-4A5C-95E8-4EE5545B38ED.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.24 MB ID:	827858

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    DM me. LOL!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Got it done!!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Yep! Nothing like it!

• Craigar
    replied
    Sweet! I really like the layout, especially the paver. It would never have crossed my mind to add it to the table. So where do I place an order for my 26" Weber?

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I think the Joe Junior is a great little grill. Once you get the hole cut, you are going to love the versatility and set up for all sorts of small cooks. The Joe Junior even makes reverse searing relative easy with its easy removal of the diffuser.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    replied
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Man that looks good. Steve B, I'm already jealous. I love the fact that you made the table taller. I, too, have to hunch over way too often when tending to the grills. That is gonna be a great table. Smart move with the paver. Now we just need to see the finished pics, with the Jr in place :-)

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied

Looks good Spinaker. Be sure to post the finished product someday.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Nice project. I'm sure your KJ Jr. will settle in just nicely once the hole is cut. It must have felt good to work with your hands and have something to show for it at the end of the day.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    Sweet

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Looking great Spinaker ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š
    Youโ€™re gonna make Henrik jealous. ๐Ÿ˜
    Last edited by Steve B; April 6, 2020, 10:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    started a topic New Grilling Center for my KJ Jr. !!

New Grilling Center for my KJ Jr. !!

I went ahead and put together a grilling center for my KJ Jr. I have been meaning to do this for a while now, and, well.....now that I have some time on my hands at home, I thought I would tackle this long awaited project today. (sorry about the messy patio, no spring clean up yet.)

I used 4X4 pressure treated cedar for the for the legs and cedar 2x4s for most of the framing.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7364.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	827464
    Click image for larger version  Name:	60790745925__F2554ED4-D10D-4924-8211-4097B7C5D824 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	827466
    The top is cedar plank that I had laying around and I had just enough to get it done. I made the table top come up to 42" to accommodate my height. I always have to hunch over when I am prepping food and what not. So this will be nice to have a work surface that I can stand up straight at.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7368.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	827465Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7367.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	827462
    Next, I put in a paver so I could set hot stuff on the table top with out burning the whole place down. This will sit right next to my BGE as well so it will be nice to have extra room to set stuff.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7370.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.63 MB ID:	827463
    Next up, I need to cut a hole in the table top, on the right side to put the KJ Jr. into. That will be tomorrow. I also plan on staining it, but I need to wait for it to warm up a bit. I ran outta daylight but I will put on some of the finishing touches tomorrow. This was a fun project. Stay healthy everyone!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7371.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	827461

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here