Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Grilling Center for my KJ Jr. !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    replied
    What a great project. I can tell you're having fun with it, Spinaker . Hope the rain holds off.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    In case you are curious.......I used Cabot Australian Timber Oil Jarra Brown for the stain. Sanded there whole table down with 80-Grit on my orbital.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Well It is finally warm enough over night in MN for me to stain my table! I had to take the top off and the kamado out to do it.

I just need to touch up a few spots and stain one more board in the back and she will be all done. I will post some more pics once I add the plate setter and the kamado back into the table.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	61152509496__1F3DC4DA-5BF3-4003-9469-55B802F6403A.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	848764Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7802.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	848763Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7801.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	848765

I am also going to add this towel rack I made in the shop and a few more hooks the the from posts to hold a few utensils. I am also making a holder for my plate setter to be hung off the right side of the table. I think I am going to make that out of thin rebar using a some heat and a vice.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7813.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	848766

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! It was a fun project!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Great to hear! Make sure you show us the build. Projects like this are so fun.

• drobinson
    replied
    I’m very impressed! Great job!

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    Nice Job....So inspiring that I just finished my material list for a table my 26" Weber can fit in!!! Like the idea of the paver!!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    RonB I am waiting to stain it until it gets a bit warmer out, then she will really shine!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, sir!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!! I cooked a steak on the Jr. Last night and it was great to work at an acceptable table height. It's like a whole new world!

• RonB
    replied
    Great job Spin.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Inspiring! Love how you customized it for your height. I'm a shorty at 5'9", so if I ever visited you I couldn't cook w/o a step stool Love the paver idea too, genius!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    LOL, nope, just good old midwestern American/Norwegian heritage. LOL.

I do actually have casters to put on it, but I am not gonna bother.

• Spinaker
    replied
    I am now going to make plans for my BGE too. Such a fun project to get done. It is always fun to make a little saw dust!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Henrik! Henrik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here