Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood BBQ table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood BBQ table

Has anyone made or seen a wood table/bench that incorporated both a 22" kettle and an 18" WSM? Looking for some ideas for a custom one (I'm not the creative type).

Welcome to The Pit. Can you build it and just need ideas, or are you looking for someone to build one for you? If just ideas, here are a few photos:

Comment

• johnmcq4
      johnmcq4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously? A few photos. LOL

If you have basic carpentry skills take a look here:

I made this easily in an afternoon. Used 2x6, 2x4, and 1x4's for bottom shelf. I did not enclose any of it, kept it simple. It is very robust and if it weren't for the two grills (22" in cutout, and 18" on top) I could butcher a beef on it. It's fairly heavy with the grills, and associated gizmos that accumulate in my pit. Can't remember how much materials cost but I think it was less than $100.

My 18" grill is a Jumbo Joe. Don't know anything about a WSM so you may need to adjust the surface area to include that grill.

Good luck.
    Last edited by wu7y; March 16, 2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      I like this design but my only beef would be the weight like you say.
      I'd probably go lighter on some of the lumber.
      Use cedar or redwood instead of pine and spruce.

• wu7y
      wu7y commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually it wasn't too bad until I got 36+ lbs of briquettes, ash can, tool box, fire extinguisher, couple of bricks with an old grate on top to cool a hot chimney, and I forget what else both on top with the grills and the bottom shelf. Like the rest of my work areas any free horizontal space gets filled up quickly. Don't have the slightest idea who keeps putting that stuff there. If I can ever catch that SOB . . . !

Thanks for the welcome and the responses guys. There really is no place else like this on the internet. I have horrible carpentry skills, but a member of my family has a small woodworking side business, and is going to custom build one for me. I just needed a place to start as far as describing what I'd like, and was having trouble finding pictures or blueprints. I'll definitely look through these and find something that'll suit my needs. It's exactly what I was hoping to find on here. Thanks!

Comment

Hello from Chico, CA

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here