Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind Storm Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind Storm Damage

So we had a bit of wind over Thanksgiving and my canopy gave its life protecting the smokers. No damage to any smoker or grill thankfully. Do you guys figure my grills will be okay through the winter in just their covers or should I move the ones I won't use until spring to the shed? I'm in SW Pennsylvania and it we'll see snow and lots of rain.

Also, I've seen on other sites where guys have used the frames of these canopies to make diy canopies. I haven't seen that here, but the uprights are still in good shape. I hate to trash the whole thing!
    Attached Files

That. Sucks.

Comment

Oh shoot! I think you will be fine with just covers. Get the candy back up when you can but for now, the grills and smokers will be fine under the covers. That is how all of mine sit right now.

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

I understand. Gusting winds are a real problem in Dallas.

Comment

Well here is proof a cover is all they need. Tommrow all I'll need is a whole lot of medication for my soar body.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191203_085516.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	775586

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              I love it. This is what makes us men!

• Old Glory
              Old Glory commented
              Editing a comment
              We got about 16 inches on the North Shore

• Dan Deter
              Dan Deter commented
              Editing a comment
              What is all that white stuff?

Decent grills and smokers are pretty tough. You can probably safely make it through the winter. That way you have more time to decide what your new solution will be.
            Last edited by Attjack; December 3, 2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Tough for sure...

Comment

You’ll be fine with just covers. As long as they’re of decent quality. That’s how mine roll. Never a problem.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What would happen if they are of indecent quality? 🕶

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ladies and Gentleman..........he's still here! LOL.

FireMan

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FireMan They might get arrested for indecent.....

My two cents...If you have room in the shed why not put them up there.

Comment

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with this. If you don’t think you’ll use them and have space put em away for winter. Though I had a Genesis Silver A last over 20 Iowa winters under a cover and roof overhang and still sold it to a happy buyer to use for hopefully 20 more. They should survive either way.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here