Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Kitchen Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited to get the 3 stair sets poured tomorrow and the remaining 65 yards to pour Saturday! We’re getting closer!! Doing one final "burn in" on the LSG before the first cook tomorrow and Saturday, 8 racks of wibs, chicken drum sticks, Tri tip...super exciting!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	BA1B44A9-ACBC-4F8C-84A9-695ABEC2602B.jpeg
Views:	602
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	763762Click image for larger version

Name:	D8BB41A9-E261-4B59-ACCE-6FDB7DFCA33A.jpeg
Views:	576
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	763763

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      That's quite a bit of flat work. Are you stamping it?

You’re gonna love cooking on that LSG. What size is it 60”??

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Yesterday was the first cook and it was a blast. I’ve got it fired up this morning with ribs on already! It’s a 48”...idk if my wife would’ve let me get the 60” since I already got the 60” Argentine grill haha

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D244CA0-959C-4D3F-9809-9A0BC65E5715.jpeg
Views:	535
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	764216CaptainMike yes we’re stamping it. Just doing Roman slate though with a dust on antiquing release. Stairs poured yesterday.

Name:	49FBF70F-7311-4A8E-B7EE-A97EBDEBDDE6.jpeg
Views:	554
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	764214Click image for larger version

Name:	E75BE312-B0C2-47C8-9E0D-6F30C9A0F29F.jpeg
Views:	587
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	764215

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      You know, I don't know if I can like these any longer because I am going to be really jealous. Oh, heck. I am tossing my ego aside and will pretend it is mine. There, I can continue to like them. Perspective is everything.

Got the deck poured the weekend before last. I had the LSG fired up all day cooking for all the guys pouring the concrete. This weekend I did my first brisket on the LSG as well as some ribs. I cooked at 275 and was able to keep the temps within 20-30 degrees up or down. Definitely a learning curve on the fire management but it's a blast to hone it in! The brisket was a bit overdone but that's my fault being too chatty with the neighbor that stopped by! The guests all loved the food but as always, we are our own best critic right? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5956.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	768348Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5942.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	768349Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5950.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	768350Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5948.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	768351Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6127.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	768352Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6134.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	768353

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4 that's a nice chunk of land you have, I have to admit I'm severely jealous.
      And that smoker and food just add to it....
      Enjoy!!!!

Well? How did it go? I'd love to see the finished product. I'm redoing my pool area and I've got to decide how to design the outdoor kitchen space.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to The Pit.

Gub0t , it’s still going! Column footings should be poured in the next week and the actual outdoor kitchen construction is starting Monday. Been a process with multiple contractors but we’re getting there. Here’s one elevation I did myself of the final design. Smoker will go behind the veneer wall on the right and there will be an island you obviously can’t see here. Click image for larger version

Name:	A00E22A7-C5AD-4602-A593-DCE1B49A69EE.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	813773

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Pizza oven!!!! Can’t wait to see more!

This is awesome. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Comment

This was my goal for Spring 2020. Outdoor cooking and living Oasis......Wife vetoed me with knocking out a wall in the kitchen, adding cabinets, painting and redoing the Living Room floor......Come on Spring 2021.

Congrats that is going to be amazing and a killer setup!

Comment

What I see here... New West Coast Meatup spot!

Comment

I’m torn on one final change/addition. I’m feeling like it would be smart to add either a propane grill or flat top for convenience and versatility. I’m thinking either a 32” blaze flat top or 32” blaze 4-burner gas grill.

i would use it for the times I don’t feel like firing up wood or charcoal and also for pots/pans and general griddle purposes.

i really can’t decide which would be the best final investment?? Any advice guys?!?!

Comment

Depends that you think you'd cook. Flat top gives you something for eggs, veggies, etc outside. But grill gives you, well, grilling for steaks etc and you could always toss a Baking Steel on for the things that work best on that.

Comment

You're not considering both? Do you know nothing about MCS???

Comment

You could buy the gasser and put a flat top on it when needed, like the one from Steelmade . Then you'd have it all.

Kathryn

Comment

Name:	image_114887.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	841975Click image for larger version

Name:	image_114890.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	841974Click image for larger version

Name:	image_114889.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	841973
                  Last edited by JakeT; May 5, 2020, 08:06 AM. Reason: Fixed photo orientations.

Comment

Whoaa orientation a screwed up, I’ll fix the photos in the AM!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here