Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your outdoor kitchen! (Post your cooking space!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my Heaven
    Attached Files

Comment

• PaynTrain
      PaynTrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, that is down home awesome!

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice - I'd be spending a lot of time out there!

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Would love to see the reaction from the HoA

You could hear their eyes rolling with my simple request....

What started as a way to keep the grandbabies out of danger evolved into this. There's just a single entry and all the kids know to keep out. Sadly, we are planning to move away from it to another state :-(
    Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, a lot of us Californios are doing that. Quite a shame actually.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully the money saved in taxes will help you build an even better one at the new place!

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Great space

I have been wanting to build this for a long time, covered porch on exposed aggregate concrete slab. Just to keep my cookers ( and me) protected from weather. I had a week of vacation the 3 rd week of October, and my goal was to get concrete poured. That was accomplished of on a Thursday afternoon. The last Saturday of October I framed posts, beam and rafters, on Sunday November 1st- roof purlins and metal roof. This weekend I added wiring for lights and receptacles, then today put up metal ceiling and roof fascia trim. Sealed the concrete with a brown tinted sealer. After a day to cure I can move the grill, griddle, pellet grill and a stick burner to be available for use more often. Click image for larger version

Name:	B8A533F1-16E7-4B3E-830D-2B60DA5EE38A.jpeg
Views:	672
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	936168Click image for larger version

Name:	E1D0C1C7-17EB-4DAA-B326-1B5BC9AC5F9B.jpeg
Views:	670
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	936169Click image for larger version

Name:	218C581B-BA67-4E25-B9B5-47ADF52A8C82.jpeg
Views:	674
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	936170Click image for larger version

Name:	78DB9781-2DEC-49D6-9DBD-C9E3E802D68F.jpeg
Views:	687
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	936167

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice and very nice workshop. Curious, how close is this to your house?

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      This is excellent. You are going to really enjoy your new area.

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice covered patio. I wish I had that shop space!

Thanks. Not far from the house, in the garage that this is attached to-a full working kitchen that most of my work with meat and outdoor cooking prep is done.

Comment

Built our family happy place over time. Love all the set ups on this channel. Looks like tons of fun all around!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Dtax; November 10, 2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Great set up!

• Dtax
        Dtax commented
        Editing a comment
        DavidNorcross - yes they are stainless - that is my only regret with the brand since they only offer SS tops. they get EXTREMELY hot in the sun (and that's just Massachusetts sun). one could also go on their own and mount custom tops. The SS all around stays clean pretty easy with WD-40.
        Last edited by Dtax; November 11, 2020, 06:29 PM.

• Black99vette
        Black99vette commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet, looks great. Good use of the space. I was thinking of going stainless with my tops.

Follow up to my previous post. This is not a holiday tradition I look forward to, but it’s a must to keep me grilling and BBQing all year long. Got my winter cover up just in time. Got 10” overnight. Still counting. Snow picture to follow.
      Attached Files

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, you got it all covered. Nice job.

• Dtax
        Dtax commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks guys!

I've been waiting for the moment when my outdoor space is ready to post here. See, we moved in January 2020, and one of the things my wife was really looking for was a house with a covered backyard space with an outdoor kitchen, so we could enjoy our new yard and being outside with the kids year-round. The house we ended up finding didn't have those things, so we built it ourselves (with a handyman we've used before). As with all projects, it was significantly more effort and cost than we expected.

Construction photos:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
Views:	505
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	969632

Name:	0IMG_1307.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	969631

Name:	0IMG_1308.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	969630

Name:	0IMG_1334.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	969629

Name:	0IMG_1351.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	969628

Comment

With the kitchen installed

Name:	20201229_190817.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	969638

Name:	20201229_190832.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	969639

Name:	20201230_124026.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	969640

Name:	20201230_123940.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	969644

Water and sink waste line come in the back, and propane storage in the corner. There's an electrical line for the fridge and side burner that you don't see.

Name:	20201230_124211.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	969648

The rest of the family. When people ask why I put in a griddle instead of a grill, I just point to these and say I already have a grill and smokers.

Name:	20201230_124316.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	969646

All together now!

Name:	20201230_124338.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	969647
        Attached Files

Comment

• PBCDad
          PBCDad commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys. John the patio is poured concrete with a stamp for texture, it was already there fortunately. It was a nice patio before, it is a really nice patio now

• Black99vette
          Black99vette commented
          Editing a comment
          That turned out awesome. I need more space around my setup for extra smokers and grills

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Really nice!

I see some great ideas shared here! Awesome and lovely kitchens to have, and a hot summer day is the best place to be! I'm trying to renovate my house as well, so seeing some of the creations here makes me wonder if I should invest some money in a grill area or an outdoor kitchen! Hotter days are coming, and I was blessed to find a few ideas on blog spots and sites. Now I will have to convince my husband to buy the equipment needed to make a space like this. He is getting stressed as our budget is not as we would like it to be!
        Last edited by Emmablaker; May 7, 2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the Pit!

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to The Pit.

My little 8x12 patio. Built a pergola and covered it with screen to keep the Georgia skeeters out. That's vinyl planking on the floor, galvanized roofing as a heat shield behind the Weber and some fake boxwood panels behind the table.

Dirty martinis taste awesome out there.
        Attached Files

Comment

I am in awe.

Comment

Loving my screened in patio. No more rain cooks.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Great looking patio! I like your binoculars, you use em to peek in the neighbors windows like I do?

Holy heck man I am so envious!!! We just moved into our place last year and we had a lot of inside work to get through, but now we're starting to work on the yard (which is a mess, because before we moved in the house was not lived in for 3+ years).

My goal is something this incredible!

Comment

I use the binoculars for bird watching. Believe me the neighbors are not worthy, unless your into walrus watching. LOL.
            Last edited by ken g; May 13, 2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              ken g 😂😂😂👍

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope they don't post here 😂

I'm safe. None of them have a grill of any type. Besides, it is what it is.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here