Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your outdoor kitchen! (Post your cooking space!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We moved in the house in 2010. We had been wanting to tear out the original deck which was just a small builder grade and replace it with a larger outdoor cooking and living space. Finally got it done last summer and had it stained with a couple coats about a month ago. Still adding furniture, umbrellas and have 2 Coolaroo shade sails to install over the pergola if the rain would ever quit . Need to get some trailing flowers in the boxes up top as well. Wife is really enjoying decorating it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0515201047.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	852913

Name:	0515201047_HDR.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	852914

Name:	0515201052_HDR.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	852915

Name:	IMG_20200513_195844_734.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	852916

Name:	0425201721_HDR.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	852917

Name:	0425201721.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	852918

Name:	0417202040_HDR.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	852919

Name:	0417202040a_HDR.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	852920

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      PaynTrain this is the product we used to stain and seal the deck https://www.readyseal.com/
      It worked extremely well and repels water like a beast. Brought out the color variations of the wood nicely too. The mats I found at Home Depot. I do like the idea Attjack brought up with the large pavers. Definitely more "hot coal resistant".

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      You could cut out the decking under your grill and install pavers just in that spot too if you didn't want to redo the entire deck with pavers.

• PaynTrain
      PaynTrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hulagn1971 I will check that out for sure. Attjack I thought about something like that, but it would drive me crazy with grease, and I would be constantly replacing. My Yoder weighs 1000 pounds, so that would suck. I am looking for a pressure washable solution.

Not directly my outdoor kitchen.
    More my 'work-space' and 'mobile-office'.

And before I get reactions; the beer was in my left hand and the camera in the right. And the speaker blasted Credence Clearwater Revival at 126-dB!

More to follow...

Name:	WorkSpace.jpeg
Views:	782
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	855624

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      BBQ, beer, Thai boxing, and tunes. I like it.

Not exactly an outdoor kitchen, but it's what I got! This is at the vacation house in Va.

This has hot and cold running water. It just drains onto the ground.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200705_173931-01.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	876947

Here you can see it's proximity to the gas grill:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200705_173939-01.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	876948

And here's the smoker. Right next to the outdoor shower. The shower isn't currently hooked up to water. You can also see my outdoor prep table. I move it around by the gasser when I'm grilling. It's very light and portable. When not in use I fold it up and stash it behind the shower leaning against the house:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200705_173948-01.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	1.88 MB ID:	876949

And here's the outdoor sitting/eating/drinking area:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200705_163541-02.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	876950
    Last edited by Dewesq55; July 7, 2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm gearing up to install a dry well for my outdoor kitchen so I can move forward with pouring a slab for the bar seating that will be above the drain line for the well.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 I'm just a habitual "noticer". Noticing is my super power. I'd love to trade it for something cool like xray vision or being invisible, but it's what I got.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike - Honestly I am as well. When I used to run a law office, I used to get really angry and frustrated at associates who had been handling a file for a year and in 2 hours, I would notice about 3 or more important things that were either missing, or problems that the associates never had a clue about. I finally realized that I had a special ability for noticing stuff that many other smart people lacked.
      Last edited by Dewesq55; July 9, 2020, 07:21 AM.

Name:	A16C28DB-67C4-4263-965D-90B53D4BD8CE.jpeg
Views:	697
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	876995Click image for larger version

Name:	AD402B61-3A4E-4E87-88A9-EE2EF0949F4D.jpeg
Views:	689
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	876994Click image for larger version

Name:	A9D9972A-B6DB-4FCE-99D0-4836F5B0015E.jpeg
Views:	708
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	876993

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      It sure is nice in Pratville, AL. Looks like a great cooking area you've got there.

Got my new SnS and DnG in yesterday and had a chance to try it out with some chicken thighs tonight, planned on turning them into some jambalaya Sunday so figured even if I blew it they’d still be useable.

Name:	F6953876-7DD1-4CC3-8D21-28E408BEE14B.jpeg
Views:	687
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	878579Click image for larger version

Name:	4E4B223F-4781-40BA-9E4B-D2A8BDEC6164.jpeg
Views:	663
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	878580

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Chicken looks good! You had to have cooked that outdoors!

Just realized I was in the wrong "Show Us" thread, so here’s my backyard setup at 9pm, hahaha.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	878584

Comment

• Davis Berryman
      Davis Berryman commented
      Editing a comment
      hoovarmin yeah it’s the most fun fly control method, haha. You fill it with regular table salt and then just blast flies with it.

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm so getting one of those!

• PuraLena
      PuraLena commented
      Editing a comment
      Have one too. Great tool!

Not my outdoor kitchen, but my indoor one. We just tore out the white Formica and we installed granite. I think it is going to be awesome. Click image for larger version

Name:	7D5951F4-AE0D-4DA5-BC62-837A4DF0074C.jpeg
Views:	651
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	878587

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a really nice piece of granite. But how do you keep food in the pan and feet on the floor with your house turned on it's side like that?

• KBaldwin
      KBaldwin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah user error, for some reason every time I post pictures from the phone it posts sideways. I have no idea on how to fix it, from computer fine, from iPhone sideways. And yes it would be hard to enjoy the granite as a wall covering.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe if you go to "edit" with the pic and save it will fix this issue.

Had all 3 on the main patio, so grabbed a pic today of the current arsenal. Was cooking a chuckie on the SmokeFire and testing the Griddle Hack in the Woodwind.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glitchy; July 19, 2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you add the smaller caster to the middle cooker? The Weber? This is what I want to do with the kettle grill, each leg on a caster or wheel.

Nice setup as well!

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly The WSCG actually comes the way because of how much it weighs.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. But this gives me an idea at least. I didn’t think about casters across all three legs. I haven’t looked into adding a third wheel, but I like the ideas of casters.

After 14 years, I was forced to rebuild my main deck and my grill deck. So here it is after about 6 weeks in the Florida heat and humidity. I threw in a pict of my first cook on the deck.
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Very Nice! Did you build the Adirondack chairs as well?

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't see any pics - is it just me? All I see is a box that says "Attached Files"

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      hoovarmin it's a glitch with the forum. They are trying to fix it.

I bought those. They are made of composite. The wooden ones rotted terribly. I used composite decking this time instead of pt.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s why I asked, could tell they were composite. I have plastic right now, and I’ve had them for 9 years, but kept them in the shed for 8. This past year I’ve left them out in a secondary sitting area and.........

Do you mind sharing where you picked those up? Like you, I also don’t want wooden chairs.

Happy to as soon as I figure out where I go them. Whatever you do never pressure wash anything composite or plastic. It will ruin them.

Comment

My 'outdoor-kitchen' while camping.

Name:	20200714_162205.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	896653
      This was at a local European camping site with pool and activities for kids etc.

With a glass of wine, I discussed bbq-ing with manager. And explained that I used the gas baby-Q mainly to avoid discussions or prohibitions on campings. And as a cleaner way to transport.
      We both agreed that wood flavour does make a difference. And he had no objections against bringing a wood/charcoal Q during next visits.

I just forgot to tell him the exact size...

Name:	20200722_121903.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	896654

Guess they will soon understand why I asked for a bigger spot on my next visit.

To be followed...

​​​​

Comment

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, when you feed then entire campground they will probably forgive you! I would!

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with Bogy - you will be elected president of the campground and given the best site in the place when you show up with that!

I finally got around to roughing in the lower cabinets. I cleverly waited for a weekend where temperature was over 100. Next step will be applying the stucco. It's actually a vinyl material that doesn't require the installation of metal screen. But it looks like stucco. Then I can install the doors.

Name:	20200816_162649.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	897478

Name:	20200816_162715.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	897479

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't wait to see the finished product - when I read about the vinyl stucco I wondered if I could cover my house with it. Sounded great. Why did you decide against it?

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        hoovarmin I had some people expressing the opinion that it wouldn't really go with the rest of the aesthetics of the kitchen. I also originally planned to use a cheaper and thinner plywood which I was going to face with cement board which the "stucco" can adhere to. But I purchased a better 3/4" plywood and used pocket holes so everything is nice and solid. I realized I wasn't far off from just filling, sanding, and painting. Plus I would not have to purchase and install the cement board.

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack, that makes sense. Looking forward to your "After" pics.

Here’s mine:

​

​

​ ​ image widget

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Pics aren't showing up.

• Uncajohn
        Uncajohn commented
        Editing a comment
        I can see them. I wonder what’s wrong?

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see them either. Just shows the broken link image.

Let me try again:

Name:	395AE5BB-7E07-45D4-9BC9-85A2D7AFE66E.jpeg
Views:	476
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	898327Click image for larger version

Name:	39E8C37E-080D-4118-A5D4-9C8567031F67.jpeg
Views:	462
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	898328Click image for larger version

Name:	BAF44092-C440-4E2C-9E6F-600CF289465A.jpeg
Views:	466
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	898329Click image for larger version

Name:	C8513F3C-36E4-4875-AAD4-E935EA993E52.jpeg
Views:	463
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	898330

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I gots pics, now!

Very Nice, amigo!

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Lovely!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here