Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your outdoor kitchen! (Post your cooking space!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work in progress but it's getting better. Patio and deck. Grills go on the deck with the propane fire table. Patio is for socializing and the fire bowl (for wood fires).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170924_182723.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	385339

Name:	IMG_20170924_182727.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	385340

Name:	IMG_20170924_182736.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	385341

Name:	IMG_20170924_182745.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	385342

Name:	IMG_20170924_182749.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	385343

Name:	IMG_20170924_182755.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	385344

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      What a gorgeous and serene space.

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF hoovarmin we live on a typical suburban block. We've made it as nice a space as possible.

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice relaxing space

Here are some pics of my Man Cave. Kind of a panoramic view since the space is tight.

Name:	Man Cave 4.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	385747

Name:	Man Cave.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	385748Click image for larger version

Name:	Man Cave 3.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	385749

Name:	Man Cave 2.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	385750

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking space!

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      That PK Grill looks very nice.

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice space and it looks like a light on the grill!

I keep my gasser and my Rec-Tec up on the deck. Under the deck, I keep the WSM, 26" Kettle, and 22" Kettle and pull 'em out on the patio when I use them. Hoping to add an outdoor kitchen with some countertops and a built in 36" Lang when, you know, I win the lottery!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3908.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	385957Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3907.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	385956
    Last edited by sorensen_j; September 25, 2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Property looks nice.

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      That really is a nice space sorensen_j !

• sorensen_j
      sorensen_j commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mudkat! We do love the space. We are exploring a work relocation to Dallas and leaving it behind is making it tough to consider!!

If I win first I'l give you an outdoor kitchen scholarship. Great looking space - thanks for sharing.

Comment

This is a really nice thead. Cool to see all you folks' outdoor spaces! I haven't gotten around to fixing up our outdoor area, currently my offset smoker takes up all the space, but I'll go back and check here for inspiration when the day comes.

Comment

Still a work in progress, but I am slowly getting there. This area was all grass when I bought the house last year. I did all the design and install myself... which literally nearly killed me.

Here is a video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx0Tfr391bg&t=12s

EDIT: add a narrated version of the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvPYBhlwF_0&t=187s

Attached Files
        Last edited by FlaBouy; September 26, 2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
          DogFaced PonySoldier commented
          Editing a comment
          That is absolutely incredible! I wish I had the time, room, money, patience and whatever else it took to do that! lol Congrats!

• johnardoin
          johnardoin commented
          Editing a comment
          Beauty!

• Black99vette
          Black99vette commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks amazing! Can I vacation in your backyard?

Thanks guys.. those vids were from June... I have made a lil more progress and added another smoker to the crew so I am almost to the point of needing to lay more patio once it cools off a bit. We have plans on adding a little herb and veggie space off the back so it looks like phase 2 will start shortly.

Comment

• ILikePigButts
          ILikePigButts commented
          Editing a comment
          Too bad we will never see it seeing as how he's a banned former member. Shame!

I have an outdoor kitchen question. Fall is here and it's football season. If I put a TV outside under the the roof in my outdoor kitchen will the humidity eventually ruin the TV? I live in a high humidity area.

Comment

• fttank
          fttank commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm on the Left Coast and don't get the humidity you see. I installed a non-outdoor TV in my outdoor kitchen. I asked my AV guy if I needed to purchase an outdoor TV. His reply was, " how many TV's can you buy from Costco before you hit the price of an outdoor TV?"

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          My TV is holding up well out there.

• dirtman
          dirtman commented
          Editing a comment
          You can purchase 3-5 inexpensive indoor TV's for the cost of the outdoor specific. I am on year 9 of our outdoor space. I am on my second TV's. I'm way ahead and the TV's are bigger and nicer than I would have purchased 9 years ago.

That's good enough for me to try it thanks, hoovarmin . I put one out there the other day. A friend who was over for dinner thought it would be an issue. Of course he's the same friend who told me my campfire at the cabin would catch the roots of the trees on fire.

Name:	dukwKAy.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	387361

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmmm, may be a great guy for companionship, but not so sure he should be your go-to for practical matters ;-)

I guess I am lucky. Click image for larger version

Name:	20160731_170725.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	402435Click image for larger version

Name:	20160731_170623.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	402436Click image for larger version

Name:	20160731_170643.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	402437Click image for larger version

Name:	20160731_170707.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	402438 Now, I just need to learn to cook!!

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Whaaa? Awesome!

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, this is making me need to refinance my house. What a great space - absolutely love it.

• Barry Friesen
          Barry Friesen commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoa! Awesome!

Good Evening Boys and Girls of "The Pit Club" ❗️ Looking at all of Your Beautiful Out Door Kitchens and Patios Makes Me Long for Summer❓ I
        Guess it's Winter Smoking and Grilling for Now❓
        Eat Well and Prosper‼️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	628.3 KB ID:	402494

Mudkat, hoovarmin, Thanks for Your Concerns Gents‼️ It Got a Wee Bit Cooler by Yesterday AM❓
        This AM Saw a Bit of Relief‼️
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Name:	image.png
Views:	593
Size:	625.6 KB
ID:	403078

Name:	image.png
Views:	611
Size:	440.9 KB
ID:	403079
        Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 29, 2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Yikes! It's still October!

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Stay warm uncle Dan!

A friend cut down a couple of redwood trees that were too close to the house. He's given me some roughly milled wood that I'm going to use for my counters. I'll post some pics after I get the wood cleaned up. Can't wait to get the counters, sink, and everything else in.

Comment

I think this is the layout I'm going with. Dimension are rough just to glue up and plane the counters. The finer details will be hashed out when I install them.
          H
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Uwcq5nu.png Views:	1 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	461403

Here's the front view.

Name:	xrqzgeH.png
Views:	589
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	461475
          Last edited by Attjack; March 1, 2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            It's interesting to see the changes I ended up making from my original plan. Every cooker in my drawing is no longer in the outdoor kitchen.

Pictures like these make me really admire you year around warm weather dwellers! Man what I would give to have outdoor spaces like what some of you have. Just awesome!

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah but they ain't got ole goggle eyes or the water wolf. Just saying....
            Last edited by Mudkat; March 1, 2018, 09:33 PM.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Well it may be warmer than Minnesota here, but the reason I built my outdoor kitchens was so I could be out there despite the weather. It was snowing here last week, and I was out there grilling.

Frozen Smoke, I can relate to your feelings. Cuz we are not talking about an occasional snow or a slight dip in the temp. So, what ya do is cook when you can, how you can, because the weather does limit you. I know we got Danny in Dakota & a few in Alberta & us’ns. But when you have sun, & 40’s watchout! It’s Smoke & Fire time. 🔥

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
            Frozen Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            That's the truth brother!!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here