Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Dream to Reality: Jim’s Outdoor Kitchen Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to more pictures and tracking your progress.

Comment

Happy for you Jim!

Comment

Congrats and keep the pics coming.

Comment

This is great !!! You will love it !! We have an icemaker in ours and with extra people around on special occasions, it is sure handy . Also put an electric plug in under the sink area and added a real light bulb socket so we can have heat if really cold during the winter- helps keep water lines from freezing, when it gets below freezing for more than 24 hrs. Here in mid MISS.

Comment

Yesterday they finished removing the old slab. These guys didn’t mess around. They used a 30 inch concrete saw to cut the slab into a checkerboard pattern. It was a big job, as the edges also had a deep footer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E2EC1E80-C999-4DE0-9A75-BEC93A87CFB6.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1374648
            Then they used a Bobcat to remove the pieces.

Name:	8BFC160F-A929-49DD-971A-722E11EF88E0.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	1374649
            They even tidied up when finished.

Name:	BA035E8E-B10A-4462-A8F9-1250B333409D.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	1374650

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              kidding of course 😂 Looking forward to the finished product!

• DavidNorcross
              DavidNorcross commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Jim. I will be in your area tomorrow. Mind if I stop by for a steak dinner?

• Jim White
              Jim White commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, you see, DavidNorcross, as I said above, I’m not cooking until Saturday. It is likely to be a steak for me and some seared tuna for my wife, so bring your own steak if you’re still around Saturday. 😀

After a brief delay last week sorting the permit we are back to full speed. Today’s crew removed the old porch overhang and beam. You can see how far up the roof we are going to start the new porch roof. And the opening to the attic has been sealed off to keep critters out.

Name:	3D6F6A7F-4F18-4D57-A0AC-3F4CE83E5560.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	1381284

Name:	F8A015B3-7580-4121-B88C-DE94385F7F6F.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	1381285
            Current schedule is for fill dirt to arrive Thursday and then they will begin building the forms for the new slab on Friday. Hoping to put by the end of next week.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
              DavidNorcross commented
              Editing a comment
              Man this is going to be amazing!

• Clawbear57
              Clawbear57 commented
              Editing a comment
              Waiting for the next update Glad you got
              Permit straighten out. No more delays😁.

• Jim White
              Jim White commented
              Editing a comment
              Breaking: the same crew is back this morning and they brought a proper extension ladder.

This is getting exciting! On 1/12 you estimated a 12-16 week project. Are you on schedule?

Comment

• Jim White
              Jim White commented
              Editing a comment
              @ Sid P There was a short hiccup on the permit, but it only cost about a week or less, so I think we are still on track.

Wow!! Really going to be great.

Comment

That’s going to be a beautiful outdoor cooking space. I can think of now better way to christen it than inviting your Pit friends. I’ll bring a bottle of champagne to break over the beam. 🍾

Comment

We finally finished the custom mount for the Pit Boss Ultimate Griddle. We added casters to a table and adjusted the leg length so that the cooking surface is at about 40 inches. Pretty comfy level for my 6’1” height. We added a drawer to hide the propane tank and the other side of the bottom shelf is where the SS trash can slides out of the way when not in use. This will just slide in to an open slot in the modular cabinet system when construction is done.

Click image for larger version  Name:	77CDB66F-1DC3-4F1C-B669-0B552BEB7BAE.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	1381699

Click image for larger version  Name:	0154253F-342B-4DC4-9F45-F1DD3DD3FB58.jpg Views:	5 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	1381700
                Last edited by Jim White; February 22, 2023, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is one awesome cart. You should go into business making and selling those puppies.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sweet!

• Clawbear57
                  Clawbear57 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are just getting started and I'm all ready getting jealous😎.

Very cool Jim.

Comment

Very Nice Jim! Exciting to see this come together.

Comment

Glad to see it starting to come together

Comment

Living the dream! 👍

Comment

Today was a very productive day. It started with delivery of fill dirt very early.

Name:	97749F9A-4326-4F67-87A9-F535BE85AD49.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	1382126
                        Have you ever felt pursued by a tractor before you finished your morning coffee?

Name:	26F04A30-687B-4ED1-AF99-A1991CC30E25.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	1382127
                        It was like a scavenger while they added fill and dug footers as we sought, found and capped broken irrigation lines. Here are two pipes that cross the footers twice and the pro on the tractor didn’t break them in either spot.

Name:	76DA2A5E-72F9-46AC-BD04-E9F2DCD103FD.jpg
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1382128
                        By the end of the day, footers were dug, forms were started and we have the outline of the final footprint.

Name:	D9D65079-CB31-426A-AAE5-B0503197D49A.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	1382129
                        And the dogs and I could relax and take it all in from the boss chair after the crew left.

Name:	484EE990-B594-4365-BD37-245EC436FC3F.jpg
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	1382130

Comment

• Steve B
                          Steve B commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’m putting in a fountain in my backyard. Feel free to ship it up to me. I think having a beach around it would be cool as hell. 😁

• Uncle Bob
                          Uncle Bob commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And you'll probably make the neighborhood cats happy for a few days...........

• Steve B
                          Steve B commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Uncle Bob 😂😂😂😂

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here