Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built-in recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built-in recommendations?

Hi everyone - I recently moved into a house that has a grill built into the stonework. I used to use a Weber Summit which I loved. The built in grill looks nice but it is small (28" wide surface) and isn't very good. I would really appreciate any recommendations. The equipment reviews can't be sorted by built-ins. Thank you!

Grilla has some smokers that work with built ins but also a nice outdoor set if you want to add to your existing setup.

Comment

Can ya do any mods? What’s the mfgr ? Maybe some pics would help us help you.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with FireMan. I have seen a few manufacturers who do build-ins but I want to know if you want to replace what you have, modify it etc. I’ve seen some that were Santa Maria style and some with a brick box and a grill above.

• The Rib Lebowski
        The Rib Lebowski commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks FireMan & tbob4! I have uploaded a few photos at the bottom of the thread. The brand is Lazy Man lol.

I own Grilla now and they can easily be built in as STEbbq mentions. If you are looking for a built in gasser, Blaze makes a very good product.

Comment

• The Rib Lebowski
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DavidNorcross and @OldGlory. I saw good feedback on Blaze online but the fact that the line isn't on AmazingRibs' review gave me pause.

• DavidNorcross
        DavidNorcross commented
        Editing a comment
        Understand. I have actually owned the Blaze built in.

What are the dimensions of the cut out?

Go to BBQ Guys and you can sort by Built-In or Cart Grills.
      Built in gas grill inserts for your outdoor kitchen. Most models available for propane or natural gas. Get exert help toll-free at 877-743-2269.

Plenty on that site but to list a few:

DCS
      Alfresco
      Blaze
      Lynx
      Twin Eagles
      Fire Magic
      Hestan

Comment

• The Rib Lebowski
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. The cutout is 28"x21"x12". Do you have a sense as to whether the BBQ Guys' reviews are reliable? Meathead/AmazingRibs has always been my Rabbi so I wasn't sure where to go outside of this here site.

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        I take the BBQ Guys reviews with a grain of salt since they are trying to sell you something. That said they give a good overview of the grills. AR's reviews are more unbiased so I trust Meathead, Max, and the rest of the crew much more.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have attached a few photos here. The cutout is 28"x21"x12". I think I could increase the size if need be.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't start with a set of grill grates as a way to improve performance, at least in the interim...
      Attached Files

Comment

So, I'd think it through like this...

First, how is this grill deficient? That is, does it just not grill well? Grills ok but is too small? It's a gas grill and thus isn't great for smoking?

Second, if the actual performance is lacking but the size is OK, can you fix the performance with new grates, cleaning the jets etc?

Third, if the size is not big enough for what you want or the performance can't really be fixed or you want something there that isn't gas, I'd look at a new grill and at enlarging the cut out to a standard width.

I'd also look at what accessories you might want to use, i.e. a rotisseries, griddle, etc.
        Last edited by rickgregory; March 11, 2022, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Just briefly, they tout themselves as great grills. It appears anything you want in the form of parts is available. Check em out, Lazy Man Grills.com

Comment

I have the Blaze 30 in. Very happy with it, good price/performance. Might not need a lot of cutting?

Comment

I don't have a built in but do own a Blaze professional 34" 3 burner cart. It's a solid performer, built like a tank and very easy to clean when needed.

Comment

I have the Blaze 40 inch. The grill is ok but the opening in the back of the grill is way to open. I have to put a piece of metal in the back to close the gap to get my temperature where I want it. The problem is it falls off when I open the grill. I still use it, but goto my Weber and Traeger more often.

Comment

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to The Pit.

I'm no help on the topic. This case has a lot of ins, a lot of outs, and new sh_t has come to light since you posted, man. but I do have to say, I dig your screen name dude.
                Last edited by hoovarmin; July 10, 2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• WayneT
                  WayneT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ditto on the screen name. Well played!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here