Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very useful outdoor prep table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very useful outdoor prep table

I just purchased a second one these tables for $219 delivered.

My first one is 5 years old and has served me well.Looks almost as good as new. It's a prep table, surface for a small grill and storage space for large and small items. The top is stainless while the body is plastic- all very sturdy and ruggedly constructed. Pretty much every part snaps together with good precision. A few screws are added for good measure. But for the price, it's a great addition to my outdoor kitchen. The price has varied widely. As high as $299 on Amazon when it's available and even higher at Wayfair. Highly recommended.

I need something to go with my griddle, but that's a little fancier than I need. Also needs wheels. I been keeping an eye out.

Comment

I recieved one of these for Christmas last year and I love it. Mine has wheels on one end so it's pretty easy to move around, at least on a hard surface.

Comment

I have the smaller version. They do have fixed plastic wheels on one side, so it does sort of roll when lifting the other end. As for Stainless Steel - it is a very thin and not a very rust resistant. You have to regularly use a polish or something to help keep it clear, particularly in the salty sea air where I live. I keep my 22" Blackstone griddle on it and really appreciate the storage. Very good value IMHO.

Comment

• BBQPhil
          BBQPhil commented
          Editing a comment
          The stainless is thin, but surprisingly adequate. No rust marks, no bending, and is easily cleaned. I did notice that my recent table top is much less magnetic than the one I bought 5 yrs ago.

I debate between this one and the Blackstone one:

Large stainless steel work space Two folding side trays Bottle opener Paper towel holder Trash bag holder

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John I have seen it at Walmart sometimes for I want to say $350 but it has been hard to find.

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John I have this one PJ. I got it at Walmart online for 299. Free shipping to the store which is only a mile from me. It’s awesome.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
          DogFaced PonySoldier commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, $300? Damned thing oughtta come assembled for that - after putting together my Blackstone griddle, I'd look for another option in just a storage/prep cart.

Nice table, ordered!

Comment

I got one of those a couple years ago. It's great. The top is thin stainless that scratches super easy, but is still very sturdy as it's reinforced with plastic ribs. Love it!

Comment

In your experience would it hold up outside in cold weather? I have been shopping for an outdoor storage bench but a prep table makes more sense. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• BBQPhil
              BBQPhil commented
              Editing a comment
              I think so. I'm in San Diego close tot he ocean, so I can attest to no rusting. But never cold here.

• NinerfanWI
              NinerfanWI commented
              Editing a comment
              I have one of these that stays out year around in WI. Has held up very well for four years now. The top does scratch easily, but that’s not a big concern for me.

I have had mine for about 3 years now. Keep it in the garage and it’s been great.
            Highly recommend it.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered it too. I need a nicer work area outside and the storage will be nice for the SnSK accessories that are not being used during a specific cook (I currently stack them on the ground until the SnSK cools down).

Comment

Very Kewl, no doubt...

Ah'ma stick with this one, fer th present, though...

Comment

My kitchen is far from the bbqs. A friend gave me this wet bar. It’s hooked up to a hose and the garden drain luckily is right there. I friggin love this thing! Thanks Eric!
                  I found one for $229 without a fridge. Prep table and hand wash sink!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Panhead John Hmmm. Check this one out. This is probably my new favorite.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...Hood/280180646
                    Last edited by STEbbq; December 24, 2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• smokin fool
                      smokin fool commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ....less laundry too....

• Panhead John
                      Panhead John commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! But I’m not in the market for one, I was just noticing it was unavailable.

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Panhead John Understood. Figured you’d need it eventually and like making lists like me. 🤣

I have the Blackstone prep table under the lanai and it does work well as a prep table and storage for the Blackstone stuff and a few BBQ items. It's good enough for that use for $250 back 8 months ago.

Stuff like pellets, charcoal, disposable foil go into my deck box nearer to those cookers. I even have the top rack of my pellet grill and offset in there.

Comment

Good to know… I’ve looked at that one more than once.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here