Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Narrowed to Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narrowed to Three

Help me decide on one of these three:

Grillworks 36" with Brasero Stainless Steel - Most expensive can't be converted to covered grill. Shipping and crate fees are crazy.
    Pros: Stainless steel; Lifetime Warranty; Solidly built; super nicely finished
    Cons: Price, shipping, crate fee

AZ BBQ Outfitters Tuscan Grill Stainless Steel Drop in Unit can add a lid later next most expensive. Shipping but no crate fee
    Pros: Stainless steel; Can convert to Scottsdale Cooker (fully enclosed) but at a big cost
    Cons: Price, shipping, not lifetime warranty, unknown quality (but made of 7 gauge 304 stainless

Englebrecht 1000 Built in. Least expensive Comes as an enclosed cooker
    Pros: Least expensive, comes as enclosed cooker, know entity
    Cons: Not stainless will rust. Vents out bottom possible issue with falling ash

Primary use will be live fire Santa Maria cooking. If I get a lid it can also function as a charcoal grill.

Existing Grills XL BGE; Weber Summit Charcoal; Blazin' Grid Iron; DCS Gasser

Thanks!
    Last edited by Old Glory; October 27, 2021, 04:53 PM.

Personally, I'd go with the Englebrecht. It does what you want without modification, or extra cost, and should easily last the rest of your life.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      I just worry about rusting. Modification on AZ would only be buying a lid kit but it would be expensive.

I have read a lot of favorable commentary on AZ here. I guess if it were me, I’d commit to Santa Maria and not worry about the conversion assuming you have other more appropriate cookers. Thus, given the ash concerns over the Englebrecht, I’d vote AZ.

Comment

I also think the Englebrecht might be a wise choice.

Comment

If you get the Grillwrks you will feel a sting, don’t know how big, that’s yer department. It will be short lived. If you settle for what you "think" is less the regrets for as long as you have #2, #5, #7 whatever, will be there forever. You listed #1, do it! Or settle for 2, 5, 7…. Get excited & stay excited,

Comment

Grillworks. More pricey and there are extra costs in the crate. But after 10 years when you might have an issue, I doubt you will be thinking about how much the crate and shipping was.

If you can reasonably afford it, get what you want. At this point in my life, I would get what I want, not necessarily the best deal. To me, there is tremendous value in buying something that is quality, Heavy-duty and carries a warranty to match it. I also like their attention to detail and no nonsense approach.

If your cons are all price, shipping and a crate.......that will fade with time and in the meantime you have a bad ass rig to cook on.

I know many will disagree, but for a last grill you will ever buy........get what you want and what makes you happy.

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Sound advice. My only other consideration is the ability to add a lid in the future. I do like the Grillworks stuff.

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Spinaker totally. That has been my philosophy for a number of years now and had been happy with the results.

The Grillworks is nice but just a frame. Super fit and finish no way to use as a regular charcoal grill.

Click image for larger version  Name:	grillworks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	362.1 KB ID:	1116660

This is the built in Tuscan. This one is painted I'd get stainless.

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	1116659

I could add a lid to make it like this one and still have the Santa Maria cooking ability

Click image for larger version  Name:	page23-1056-full.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.8 KB ID:	1116658

That front face drops down to access the fire. With the lid you can use it like a charcoal grill.
          Last edited by Old Glory; October 28, 2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• rickgregory
            rickgregory commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the answer is obvious. Buy them all, do videos comparing them on YouTube become famous.

I took a look at the Engelbrecht as well. Since you have 5 other smokers, I am still not seeing a huge value in the conversion ability. And while looks are in the eye of the beholder, they all look very similar style wise.

The Braten 1000 series masonry insert wood fired grill, achive exceptional results grilling the way you want. A built in wood burning grill, built to last.

Have you considered LSG?

Our Lone Star Grillz Santa Maria Grill is built to last a lifetime. The grill body and stand are constructed from 10 gauge carbon steel to retain heat more efficiently and outlast thinner made competitor grills.  Our 3/16'' thick upgrade is the industry leader in thickness. The modular grill grates are constructed from

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Only three smokers lol. I love LSG stuff. Just had to narrow it down.

Buy once; cry once.

Comment

What is the difference between this one and the 1000 drop in?

Bring Western-Style BBQ Wherever You Go For Wood or Charcoal Cooking Get the ultimate in heat control over a wood or charcoal fire with the Braten Campfire grill. This Braten Campfire grill is portable enough to easily carry and fit into a SUV or small truck fully assembled. Or disassemble it in 15 minutes and it can f

Comment

• Old Glory
              Old Glory commented
              Editing a comment
              The 1000 is a full covered grill not just a frame and moveable grill grate. The better question is what is the difference between that and the Grillworks.

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I mean the design is pretty simple so I have to think the costs for installing the build in for both are similar, so it’s a question of what you are getting for the extra $$$$.

If money is not an issue I’d go with your gut. Gotta live life with few (if any) regrets! Good problem to have 😄

Comment

Deposit down on the Grillworks. 16 week build time. See you in March. I really liked the AZ BBQ but it was an unknown entity. The Grillworks receives highest praise and has a very good reputation and lifetime warranty. Thank you for all the input.

I ditched the Brasero so it was actually less than the AZ. ...shipping still sucked.
              Last edited by Old Glory; October 29, 2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Here’s one fer ya bud, 👍 🍺

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like a good choice to get to a good price/value!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here