Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help design my outdoor kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Great idea Henrik. All ya need to do is get three pieces - one the length of the width of the griddle, and two the length of the sides. Attach them together with hinges and you could fold the sides flat for easy storage.

• Henrik
    replied
    Yup, 2 of 3 photos are missing. But I wanted to chime in on the griddle and whether it should be sunken relative to the counter top. I'd much rather keep it level, and have someone fabricate a simple "3 wall" stainless steel "U" to keep the wind out. If you make it 4-5 inches tall it will protect the griddle from wind 100 times better than 1-2 inches of inset will ever do. Just my 2 cents.
    And the stainless wind shield can easily be removed for cleaning.

Either way, sounds like a very enjoyable project, keep us updated!

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Welcome back to posting. Have missed your contributions. You know there will be no shortage of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Yes. I am missing two photos as well.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    2 of the 3 pics didn’t show up.

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    started a topic Help design my outdoor kitchen

Help design my outdoor kitchen

The area I’m working with is 16X24 but the smoker occupies the back 6 feet or so. The space I have to work with is actually 16X16.
    First off running water is not going to be considered seeing as this is our lake place and we are only here in the summer for now at least and we don’t have a well.
    Don’t think I’m interested in a built in gasser but I will most likely do a counter top 36” griddle from Volrath or similar. I’m envisioning the griddle area to be sunken a bit from regular counter top height for wind protection. Here are some pics of the area. I will be pouring a slab and from there it’s a blank canvas.
    ​

Click image for larger version

Name:	3E85E39B-4C8D-4E53-B921-AF877F23CFA5.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	1045518

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here