Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added a sink to our back cooking area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added a sink to our back cooking area.

Hot and cold.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3071952B-BAB3-4D3F-8707-5B8D47B60BA8.png
Views:	213
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	1036029

Great addition. wife and I are in planning stages of re-doing our yard and a sink is on the list for the outdoor kitchen.

Comment

Good call, a backyard sink is indispensable.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s slowly coming together.

Awesome! If/when I get around to building my flat top and SNSK into an outdoor kitchen, I am planning on adding a small bar-sized sink to the setup. Being way away from the house though, I only plan to have cold water, using a potable water hose buried under mulch to where I have a hose hookup, and drain into a 5 gallon gray water bucket underneath, or a gravel trap in the yard. I would mainly want it for rinsing stuff and washing hands while cooking outdoors.

Comment

Next to this is a 4 foot commercial refrigerator with stainless prep top, that came from a subway. We ripped out a 3x14 block flower box, and had it reworked and poured concrete. We are adding a 6 foot stainless prep table with storage. If a contractor ever gets back in touch, we are having a large built in and off the house yard top awning with-owner hooked up and a ceiling fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
          Awesome! If/when I get around to building my flat top and SNSK into an outdoor kitchen, I am planning on adding a small bar-sized sink to the setup. Being way away from the house though, I only plan to have cold water, using a potable water hose buried under mulch to where I have a hose hookup, and drain into a 5 gallon gray water bucket underneath, or a gravel trap in the yard. I would mainly want it for rinsing stuff and washing hands while cooking outdoors.
          I installed a small sink first and regretted it. Then I upsized to a medium-sized sink and am much happier.

Name:	9quq0AmeEk4xOTQIQfN2lWJpWwhu-bjcW_qltlHHtAM4-Q8lM7wplwTRCTledkmfa8KICzhhsYVEZkWEJy1BiYAbYWpEoxIlYFXKbLvvs_OaMnOo_bRI6ezONtj3FtsVfqPn8XcQAHMHWnKCIu5T3vZzaYcPE-LtrAszXfXRv-HYVfDCRnZbw_2qP7VeNVcYPDWhwGiq1nqukuVxBEwkxnnGduiItgLY9L6bVi7KsBh4o0filzqSisqKAGl93x0
Views:	189
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1036093

Name:	PtlborcLwt86iXlFHwEmlwrw43aFJ8IvzmU7IfcEJcI_CBPjSpDjCp174Ys0GA9fQD5yj3KuO19AnO9gnxsudD1NzxozaN4ieRuRLFqLRAV7A8E9RERW8xmaZyK0GSuKfocyXoqJiSQbN3UQnoTF_DEzOSm_4j4WVkrHIGjOpOPdCf59wXJlQegYfaYH9IxdFkFAhyTHxnaPiQpKMfDttDwElCEbBJldAlsME1NUV7D7XMvXPe3kSCkbaf-4e4-
Views:	179
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1036094

Name:	NFm2kZF6f39mYeyARmJcDz6V_w6xgtlWXB0TOpd-ov4Qjb4XK4S7g0fKs36-JlljqMF1ZF3IPP1ntZPwCDIzkIdb_vEe6gvOxj9R7XQUZYXVBhKMHxu1TWb7MptuS-K8XDkmODWAE8kspE7M2MZnsNP1nQ-PwDMX2mnGnM8kWG8h0f7bgYx2DGdlVtVGpvbjWCdPEQ0C3-VtKFdOdKxiqK7wvw5b6Z2igzce4L0mgm3OcJpV0RIw5iWDHCD2maf
Views:	182
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	1036095

Comment

Attjack I see what you are saying about sink size, but I am going to have a very limited area - probably a 8' x 8' L, maybe 10' x 8', with most of that space consumed by the 900 square inch griddle on one side, and a drop down for the SNS Deluxe Kamado on the other. Counter space will be at a premium, but I'll have to sketch it all out on some grid/graph paper and see what can work.

Mine is also going to be out in the open, with the plan being to have umbrella holes on each side of the counter, or a PVC pipe to hold an umbrella on the back side.

Comment

I installed the plumbing to have a sink (cold water only) on my deck. I even have the sink which we saved after doing a complete kitchen remodel about 10 years ago. I just haven't gotten around to building the counter/cabinet unit to install it into. I think it will happen soon, though.

EDIT: I also use a potable water hose to bring the water supply around from the outdoor spigot at the front of the house. The waste line is piped into the drain line from the basement sump pump which entire into a dry well under the deck.

In Virginia, I have hot and cold in the back yard and it is a wonderful luxury.
              Last edited by Dewesq55; May 26, 2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Nice set up!

Comment

• Rfhd69
                  Rfhd69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Both of you 😀

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here