Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah! I Can Now Cook In The Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah! I Can Now Cook In The Rain

I spent the last couple of weeks thinking how I could protect my Weber from the rain so I can use it when Mother Nature is not cooperating.

I came up with elaborate things to do, expensive things to do and difficult things to do.

I then had my a-ha moment and spent $4.76 and spent 15 minutes. I just have to borrow the picnic table umbrella when it’s raining.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B2BD033E-10CB-44B9-84C0-24C628906207.jpeg
Views:	319
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	1007034

Name:	A6E830AB-FE44-49CB-A0C3-72AEC9F3E8E9.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	1007032

Name:	09F02277-30A7-4743-9D36-8BCEA5DCE9D9.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1007031

Name:	F7D50268-E591-4F5E-AAD5-D5AA746664E4.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	1007033

Great set up! Good idea......Nice patio also.

Comment

Beautiful kitchen!

Comment

I love ah-ha! moments! Especially the cheap ones.

Comment

And don’t they become DUH moments as well.
          Go through these moments all the time. 🤦🏼🤷🏼😂

Comment

Boom! Winning!

Comment

Nice solution! I am pondering building an outdoor kitchen of some sort to house my griddle and kamado, and was thinking of putting an umbrella hole in it. Your solution is better as it doesn't have a hole for water to get down underneath the top.

Comment

Nice setup. Is that a griddle on the other side?

Comment

Real nice set up. Now let’s see some action! 👍

Comment

Wait a minute....where's the duct tape....
                  Perfect solution, and that is a really nice set up.

Comment

Sometimes simple is best. Nice fix. Enjoy cooking in the rain.

Kathryn

Comment

ssandy_561 Very nice cooking area and the umbrella is a great finish!

Comment

Look like it'll work!

Comment

ssandy_561 I hate to rain on your parade, no pun intended, but I would not engage that system if the winds are up. I'd bet even a moderate wind would rip that keeper right off.

Comment

Everyone needs an umbrella.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here