Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThermoWorks Probe Spools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThermoWorks Probe Spools

Got the email today. Ordered 4. Only have 2 colors left. I took Yellow. Going fast.

Has anyone tried these with probes from other vendors? I know there's a custom notch for the plug end of their probes, but it seems to me others could just let the plug end hang out. If they'll work for my probes, I'll get some when more colors are available again.

Comment

I probably would have grabbed some but they were all out of blue.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

While I have a fair number of Thermoworks products, and will recommend several of them for quality and performance reasons, I recently purchased a Fireboard 2. In the process of doing that I saw their probe spool offering. I ordered the 4 pack priced in the mid $20 range and that package holds 8 probes (2 per). Like any of these seen, they each seem to have some minor compromise to "dangling" elements, but are otherwise useful tools.

Comment

I took a length of foam pipe insulation and used it as a wrap base - lay the probe tip lengthwise, wrap the wire and tuck the plug under the wrap. Its a little bulky but I think a pile of individually coiled probes would create more of a storage clutter and it provides some protection for the probe tips. I can get 4 probes on a 18" length. I purchased their colored o-ring markers to distinguish individual probes out side the kettle - seemed like a great idea until they all turned black from soot and smoke.

Comment

I did order a few today but the magnet on the backside is what is useful for me.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Backside of who?

What a tangled mess we weave without the new gadget I believe.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            By golly he can write. Buy that man a PBR!!

I've been using the ones from FireBoard. They're very useful. The Thermoworks design looks a little better, but either design will disentangle us.

Comment

I use the FireBoard ones, as well. I keep telling myself I need to get some more probes, I've burned up or lost most of mine and can seldom even USE my Fireboard anymore. I have a bunch for the Mavericks, but now I'm spoiled and want my Fireboard!

It's just the PRICE, dang man!

Comment

Another thing for me to use twice and then just let my probe wires dangle & tangle everywhere anyway...

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                You said good!
                Happy untangling to you and PBR too.

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, that’s what I do too. I just hang ‘em up or throw them in a drawer and that’s it.

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                I stick each of them in a zip lock sandwich bag.

Huskee I was just getting ready to post these, I ordered 4! Hope I use them more then 2x ! Lol that’s sounds like something I’d do🤷🏼

Comment

I use the FB ones religiously for the 4 different types of probes I have from various vendors. It keeps things neat and tidy. Just throw them in a Tupperware container and all's well. I'm sure the ones mentioned above would work well too.

And while we're on the subject, the Meater sure seems to have caught on. Seeing them everywhere now. Damn just another thing to buy in the never ending MCS quest...geeze.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh no. Not a Meater product that actually works. I'm in serious trouble now.

K.

I was skeptical about the Meater (Plus), but now when I want to cook a steak of pice of fish, I just stick it in and open the app. No more wires or setting up my FB. FOr serious cooks use the FB, but the Meater is so simple.

Comment

I ordered 6.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210220_085507 (1).jpg
Views:	258
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	992637 I bought 4 of these the first of the year and they were backordered for a few weeks. I just got them a couple weeks ago. They work great and the magnet is handy. There's a slot on the side that can accommodate my Rec Teq plug. I would recommend them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here