Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen Scale Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Scale Recommendations

So my scale died and I need to replace it. What do y’all use?
    Richard Chrz I am calling you out because I know you use the pizza bible and wonder what you use for weighing?

Well, I am not the steak slayer, but I use an Oziri. America’s Test Kitchen said it was the second best & half the price of the best. Ok by me cuz I’m cheap. It is my go to for coffee.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      I use the Oziri Pronto. Does an awesome job.

The small one is used often for pizza, those 5 and 10 gram readings seem unreliable on the larger one. Otherwise everything about 10 grams or so, I go to the larger scale, which is a mail scale which reads ounces, lbs, and grams, but cheaper because of tagged as a mail scale.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_136805.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.83 MB ID:	985740
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_136806.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	985741
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; February 6, 2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Not only does that large scale give the weight, but it will tell you how much it will cost to send to your Grandma in Paducah.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      HaHaHa!

I use the same small scale as Richard, but I use a My Weigh KD8000 for everything else. If you get the My weigh, get the one with the AC adapter. When using batteries, it will time out and shut off which is not a good thing...
    Last edited by RonB; February 6, 2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I third (fourth?) the recommendation about the KD8000. I have used one for well over 5 years with no problems. Batteries last a LONG time in this scale. It has enough capacity (over 15 lbs) for almost all kitchen tasks.

You can disable the auto-shutoff. See https://www.makesauerkraut.com/mywei...-scale-review/ Scroll down about halfway. The instructions are a slide show -- click the arrow at the right of each picture to go to the next step.

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      This seller is where I got my scale. It now comes with an AC power adapter. But honestly the batteries last a long time, even with the auto shutoff disabled. https://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-kd8000.html

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG don’t even get me started on the "timing out" thing. You speak truth!!

FireMan and I use the same scale, the Ozeri. $15, gram accurate. https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...-kitchen-scale

Comment

Oops......wrong scales.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you making brownies for the Super Bowl? Asking for a friend.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, stack it up!

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        For accuracy down to .1 grams combined with a total capacity over 600 grams, the old stand by Triple Beam is hard to beat. It's also hard to explain if the cops should happen to stop by.

I use this OXO: https://amzn.to/3rGPCP9 (I have an older model though.)

Love the pull out display and it's very accurate. Batteries last forever. Easy clean up.

Comment

• bep35
        bep35 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also use the OXO. Had it over 5 years. It just works.

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the one I have. Love it.

• Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        Add me to the Oxo scale lovers. Had mine for years. The pull out display is a great feature.

We've had a Salter Aquatronic Glass scale for probably 20 years. We use it nearly every day and it's been great. Sadly, from the recent reviews it looks like they're having quality problems. https://www.amazon.com/Salter-Aquatr...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Comment

MyWeigh. Look no further. I used OXO but it bit the dust. This has been awesome.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks y’all for the recommendations! A Salter is what I had since God was a boy. A foot fell off, but I was still able to make it work. And even with new batteries, it weights would fluctuate too much.

off to shop!

Comment

This is what I use. Suits my needs. Was really inexpensive.I use it for weights of broken down meats and other stuff. I don’t use it for baking tho
            Attached Files

Comment

OXO. I like the pull out display. Makes it easy to tare the weighing bowl/plate.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup. I posted a link below.

I have me th MyWeigh, love it!

Comment

This one below is the best one I ever used...and it's only like $20.00 bucks.

Comment

I use this OXO scale had highly recommend it.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow. Those are up to 50bucks. I have like the original Matte finish one from yesteryear. Love it still!!

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have the black one. Truth be told I had to replace it after about 10 years. But I liked it enough to just buy a new one.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here