Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@&^E&^*@ NOOOOOOOO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@&^E&^*@ NOOOOOOOO!

The spare fridge freezer we keep in the mudroom died on us. Everything is thawed, warm, and most likely spoiled. Hundreds of dollars worth of meat and wild salmon completely ruined. I am beyond mad as all hell.

Ouch. My freezer has a two day grace period before things start to get below refrigerator temps.

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      This one is pretty old. Everything in the freezer is completely thawed and sticking a probe in there reads room temp. Prob been that way for at least 24 hours.

That stinks! I'm so sorry you have to deal with such a loss -- and such a mess! I seriously believe that there should be an alarm built into fridges and freezers when they're on their last legs.

Comment

I bought a freezer alarm from the Thermoworks folks after Huskee recommended it. It's a pain to read the teensy print in the directions to set it up, but worth the peace of mind, for sure.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, grantgallagher . It's a real bummer.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; October 25, 2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I barely dodged that bullet earlier this year. I was looking for something and noticed water under one of the freezers. Opened it up and discovered it had died. Fortunately there were two blocks of ice in there and what had thawed was still cold. It was then I researched and discovered there are temperature alarms for freezers. I haven't made that investment yet (I have several freezers) but I now check mine regularly. I don't doubt your anger and frustration.

Comment

We feel your pain.

Comment

I lost a freezer load when something shifted and leaned against the door, opening it.

now I have a ThermoWorks alarm and a lock on the door.

Comment

That's really tough...

Comment

So sorry to hear this buddy.

I have this alarm and highly recommend it.

Comment

Damn that's tough!

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Brother! Jus went through th same, here bout a year back, lost a whole lotta good proteins, etc.

Comment

Total Bummer...I feel your pain..

Comment

Aww man, so sorry to hear this. I wonder if your insurance would cover this if your loss was high enough/deductible low enough?

Comment

• grantgallagher
                          grantgallagher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah im looking into that. Might take the edge off at least.

Been there, got the tee shirt. I know how you feel, when mine died a couple years ago I used cuss words in new and unusual ways.

Comment

• tbob4
                          tbob4 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Examples? I need new ways to use those words

• klflowers
                          klflowers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          tbob4 the mods would certainly kick me out of here.

That is terrible. I am going to have to defrost my garage model soon and am sweating what to do with all of the meat in it while it defrosts.

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not sure if you followed it or not but I made a post a few days ago when I began having some spare fridge troubles, had to clear it out and my buddy thankfully took my 3 frozen briskets. Friends and family fridge/freezers are a great thing! Also thankfully all I needed to do was defrost. Now if only I could get my stuff back...

• klflowers
                          klflowers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Next time you need some storage space Huskee I'll be glad to help.

• tbob4
                          tbob4 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Huskee - I did see the post. It was a good one and got me think about defrosting. Then this post came up. Thanks. Ps - Don’t tell Meathead , I love my moderators!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here