Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tool(s): meat hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tool(s): meat hooks

We were talking about flipping steaks that are close to the fire, and I was using long tongs but knew I had a meat hook somewhere. Well, I didn’t. I probably tossed it somewhere along the line, during a clean-out; it was flimsy and cheap anyhow.

So I looked at them on line and picked these because they looked cool. And, not only do they look cool, but they are substantial. One 18”, one 14”. This is a nice set. They were only a few dollars more than most others, and I think they are worth it.

The brand is Cookingstar, if you use Amazon please use the AR link. I can’t figure out how to add it that way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E52FFC9-83C6-4AB7-BCEF-4FC75E93C82B.jpeg
Views:	342
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	914815

I have a pigtail flipper with a nice long handle as well. I don't use it often, but when I need it, I really need it.

Here's the link you asked for, Mosca . I used AR's tiny URL link here to get to Amazon then searched for it. I hope the AR link was preserved as I clicked on the item from the search page: Cookingstar Flipper

Like you, I'm never sure if the link works after the initial AR linked page opens up and I navigate elsewhere on Amazon.

Kathryn

Comment

Us lefties (as in left-handed) can’t use those very well. Wrong wrist rotation. Had to have one special made by a local guy. Left-handlers are, of course, an oppressed minority🤣!

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
        Alabama Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed we are! Even golf courses are primarily laid out for right handed people.

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        The PK360 is laid out for a lefty.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Not AGAIN! Righties RULE!

Nice tools.
      Texas Larry Larry I feel your pain. As a natural righty who has had 4 failed wrist reconstructive surgeries 2 years ago I had wrist fusion surgery and my pigtails have been rendered useless. Still not sure I have the dexterity of a full lefty to use one yet.
      BUT I am happy to report 12 OZ and 20 OZ curls with Diet Coke taste the same irregardless of hand. Don't drink anymore so can not verify if beer and whiskey fall off a bit for lefties.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
        Alabama Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, Johnny Walker scotch works so well for this lefty!!

• tiewunon
        tiewunon commented
        Editing a comment
        Alabama Smoke now that is a data point to commit to memory.

Shrug. I’m a lefty, they work fine. Use them "underhanded". Strike at the far side.

Comment

• Texas Larry
        Texas Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright! I just got tired of the underhanded bit, although I don’t use mine all that often.
        Last edited by Texas Larry; September 22, 2020, 02:31 PM.

Lefties don't have it that tough. I went to college on a football scholarship. At first I was a way back, and practices were pretty tough. When I was moved to left out, dailies became pretty easy.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
        Alabama Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Long time ago I pitched both underhanded pitch softball and overhand baseball. I also played tennis somewhat later. For these sports at least being left handed was a definite advantage. I could not hit a baseball too well because I practiced pitching all the time, but they would often give me a pinch hitter so it worked out fine, except for the slow pitch softball......no gloves were used then at least back in the 50's and line drives probably broke every finger I have at least once!

A tip (of course it's a pun) to protect the pointy end, get an assortment of "Vacuum caps", a vinyl nipple looking device sold typically for automotive use. I suggest buying the assortment because once you have a supply of them you'd be surprised how many uses you'll find for them.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
        Alabama Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry Uncle Bob but I don't follow you....would you please explain further?

Alabama Smoke , a thousand words worth, one loose, one installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cap.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	915170

Comment

I've been using a wine cork to protect my fingers from the pointy end when reaching for it on the shelf above my head. Will have to look into the vacuum caps. Thanks, Uncle Bob .

Kathryn

Comment

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          There is an added benefit to acquiring the cork that the vac cap can't possibly offer..............just sayin'

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here