Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titan Great Outdoors Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titan Great Outdoors Company

Titan Great Outdoors is dedicated to providing you an outdoors lifestyle that you can love and afford!

Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with this company? They have some interesting items that are fueling my MCS. Including a Santa Maria Kettle attachment for $99.00. I almost pulled the trigger and ordered the backordered the Santa Maria attachment but I thought I would consult with the pit first. I never heard of this company before. Is it too good to be true?

I know nothing about the company except that they do sell on Amazon..

Comment

http://gabbysgrills.com For a few dollars more you get a made in the USA product and no worrying about the quality. Just sayin’.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Gabby's Grill attachment for a 22" kettle is $230. That's a bit more than "a few dollars more." Just sayin'.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheaper at first but if you have to buy it again later then it evens out but with a 30 day warranty it sounds solid. Might be able to save a few dollars buying direct from the manufacturer KIngrite Enterprises Co. LTD in Hong Kong.

nope

Comment

They seem to have other products on Amazon.

Comment

I've bought one item from Titan, a heavy duty work table on casters, 600 lb capacity. The frame and top are very good, the casters were junk and had to be replaced.

As for the Santa Maria attachment, I'd recommend passing on that as it even looks flimsy in the pictures and shares one fault common to the Gabby's that Troutman mentioned in another post: the grate is fixed thus making cleanup a hassle. At @attjack's prompting I ended up with the Onlyfire version of this reported here; https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...r-weber-kettle . Please ignore the rude posting by David Parrish, it's obvious he didn't bother to read the posting before taking the opportunity to vent his disdain for a competitor. The grate is removable and is sized to accept any of the 22" grates from Weber or the aftermarket which gives much more flexibility in addition to being easier to clean. It's a pretty sturdy unit, and available on Amazon.
          Last edited by Uncle Bob; September 20, 2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not find David Parrish post rude at all and he is not showing disdain for a "competitor" he is showing disdain for a company that infringed on his patents. There's a big difference between a legit competitor and someone who ignores patents. I read his post as simple information and not rude in slightest.

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            I have to agree with pkadare . I can understand his perspective in that cheap knock offs directly hurt his business. I will definitely wait until I can afford Gabby's Santa Maria.
            Last edited by troymeister; September 20, 2020, 09:12 AM.

@pkadare, I'm going to respond this way because there are not enough characters in the comment section. Your not seeing it as rude is understandable, it's not your posting he crapped on, and he's built quite a bit of good will on this board in other ways so I realize that I'm swimming upstream here. However, we post threads like that one on here to hopefully share our experiences with a product for the mutual benefit of our fellow members. I gain nothing from that posting personally; no commission, no profit from my own products, and I don't seek validation for my decisions from fellow members. I'm just giving my impressions/experience's from the purchase/use of a product that might be of interest to others. Based on his own cryptic phrasing of "another US manufacturer" it's clear that he didn't have the courtesy to even read the post as I used Gabby's name in the post. A minor point indeed, but courtesy is courtesy. He clearly saw the competitor (like it or not, to consumers that's the relationship) name in the title and went immediately into rant mode. I don't know if he sued them or not, whether he prevailed or not had he sued, just that he made accusations that he might hope discourages folks from dealing with that competitor. That's low rent behavior in my mind, no matter how you dress your rationalization. When I ran my own businesses, it didn't matter whether I considered any other person in the same market/industry a worthy competitor, they were competitors none the less to the view of the general marketplace. He may be correct in his contempt, or may not, but he should have read the commentary and responded to it, not just go on a self serving rant.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            You're reading far too much into David's comment. He did not crap all over your post, nor was his brief comment in any way, shape, or form, a rant. The only real true statement above is that David has built quite a bit of good will here. You'd do well to remember that before characterizing anyone's posts or comments as being rude. If you have a concern about a post or comment then you should flag it for the admins. Calling out a comment from a respected member as being rude is not the approach.

I'd be concerned about the bottom ring. It looks to be flat without an edge to hold in place on the kettle I'd be worried about having to move it and the unit slides off.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
            At @attjack's prompting I ended up with the Onlyfire version of this reported here; https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...r-weber-kettle . Please ignore the rude posting by David Parrish, it's obvious he didn't bother to read the posting before taking the opportunity to vent his disdain for a competitor.

You took my post the wrong way. I was simply pointing out this company is one of the bad ones on Amazon that Meathead is referencing in his review of the Slow 'N Sear when he says, "A word of caution. There are cheap Chinese knockoffs on Amazon." He then goes on to say if you use his links to buy a product, you know you're getting a Slow 'N Sear from SnS Grills.

I founded this forum. I am member #1. I set the tone of friends and fellowship in 2014 from the very beginning. Huskee has done an outstanding job of making the forum even better. Never would I say something to take away from the camaraderie every member here has worked hard to maintain.

Most people aren't aware of what OnlyFire is, so I mention it when I can. As far as litigation, we have served them notice regarding products that violate our IP and to this date they have ignored us. If there ever comes a day that we feel they are hurting our business, we'll take the next legal step.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
              Uncle Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your more comprehensive comments here. It would have been helpful had the comment on my review thread been equally as comprehensive.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here