Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment Storage

How does everyone store their equipment, thermometers, gloves, mitts, tools, claws, injectors, etc.? I have gone back and forth about having a dedicated drawer in the kitchen or keeping stuff in the garage. Right now I am thinking about a duffel bag that I can use to carry things to the grill/smoker then go from there. Thanks in advance for reading and sharing your ideas.

Hoping to hang the doors this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zjp6d4gDT4jUHkHttfEDQtW2aHaTfnJkv0o_LKUyeu3aAbqLYnjLIQ8w5OHYUpYmp5MkA0z-G7CvaJWi7f6eaK5cQJ_KMR6MonItDf_l4CgpliMvGWo7LnrcErgG8eVI7rRWjfFHO8TGSfpJ4Nik0COx_ku2bFRkyrMwfb6RfPqWifuoFZvSqA9ciRuqvVWDwe9B4Qt76OdVjCseBb-4Rgi2nx5VG00MMA9qvYBPFbuUj8BdzK3wlMlbEXgyPZc
Views:	249
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	912329

Comment

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol JimLinebarger. That’s a sweet setup Attjack can’t wait to see the finished product

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Andrrr its been a slow project but its getting there.

• jerrybell
      jerrybell commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a great looking setup. Nice work!

I have mosta mine on a 6' baker's rack in my motour garage.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 17, 2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Heck my stuff seems to be all over the place. Some in the garage near the cookers, scattered among various kitchen drawers, etc. I keep meaning to organize it all but never seem to get to it. I am really not bothered by the situation though.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        +2

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        +3

• jerrybell
        jerrybell commented
        Editing a comment
        zackly the same

I do have a BBQ drawer on the kitchen where she sticks stuff after it's washed.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! I have a couple drawers dedicated to the "stuff"

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Dan. I have s nice storage box on the end of the deck that's about 4' long and about 2' wide and high. But all electronics go in a airtight ammo box in the bigger box.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Suncast 50 gal. Deck box and Suncast side table with storage underneath.
            storage under Genisis II. Inside a drawer for thermometers, IR Gun ect.

Name:	20200917_163453.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	912360Click image for larger version

Name:	20200917_163248.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	912361Click image for larger version

Name:	20200917_163309.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	912362Click image for larger version

Name:	20200917_163831.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	912363

Comment

Welcome to the PIT from the Lou!

I have a full size country kitchen hutch from Craig's List out in the garage. You can easily find one for $ 100.00 or less, especially considering you don't care much what it looks like.

Comment

I have a SS table 60x18 with 2 extra shelves, a 30x30 rolling SS table with extra shelf and a garage with stuffed vaguely organized.

Comment

Ever hear of Fibber McGee's closet? That's my storage method.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup, done heared of it...been listenin to OTR since I was a boychile. Still do, almost nightly.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

There are a lot of different mobile tool boxes that might be a solution. Here is a photo of a mobile bin from Home Depot Click image for larger version  Name:	3CD450B4-FEDF-475C-9CF3-2A665E6902E3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	912480
                    Last edited by Donw; September 17, 2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Donw
                      Donw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I personally use a Suncast BMS3200 half shed to store most of my gear outside.

I use plastic sealable storage boxes stacked on a bakers rack on my back porch.

Comment

I’ve got several places from a drawer in the kitchen to a cabinet outside and a table I just built.

The drawer the wife lets me use.

Name:	5BA364FF-3D3F-46EE-B06E-2E44914FD1A5.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	912753

Under my gasser.

Name:	0115E278-C384-46EB-926A-3ADB4E2B37A4.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	912754

Inside my cabinet.

Name:	BEDD6CE1-8015-424B-9039-A21E189BF3ED.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	912756

and finally a table to catch all the other clutter.

Name:	06FE7D32-0AA3-4AE1-AD47-8183CAE2EA65.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	912755

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here